Letter to the editor _Sac. Bee

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dear sirs: Enclosed you will find a video shot at one of the many bridges located throughout the Sierra. It shows a group of twenty
miners dumping approximately 1 pound of mercury and 2 pounds of fishing lead into the river. In the background a sign reading
"WE DEMAND A PUBLIC APOLOGY FROM IZZY".

As you know "izzy" Martin has championed the dredging ban in ca. She has accomplished this ban through lies, misrepresentation,
and illegal backroom deals at the statehouse.

We demand the public apology to be aired on bay area tv stations, the Sac. Bee, and the S.F. Cronicle. If no action is taken, every
two weeks, or thereabout, a new video will be shot somewhere in the Mother Lode showing the same event.

We small-scale miners are sick and tired of being victimized by her and other NGO's so they can reap the rewards forthcoming
in future water bonds.

Lest you think this dumping of pollutants is an illegal action, we remind you that we are just putting back into the watersheds what WE TOOK OUT! There is no law prohibiting the returning of locateable minerals back to from whence they came.

Since the 1960's miners have removed thousands of pounds of mercury and lead fishing weights from Sierra watersheds, not to mention tons of plastic and other garbage, making us the most effective environmental remediators in the states history.

The enclosed video is just the start. Many hundreds of pounds will be returned to the rivers, if our demands are not met.

Respectfully, THE MIDNIGHT MINERS COALITION

p.S. if you like this, suggest you print it and carry on the conversation through PMs and emails. I will severely edit or delete this thread by Monday.

Upvote 0

B H Prospector

Feb 2, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wonderful! They don't want us to take it out so put it back. They don't actually want clean rivers and waterways anyway because if they were clean then they wouldn't have anything to ***** about and lie about to make their millions.

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Man FP you guys are gangster up there, I love it!! T.M.M.C Gotta have one of those stickers for my rig !

Granolas lurkin everywhere now, You guys stay safe ! This miner is on your side!

T.M.M.C I love it.........

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
As a trained hydrologist/ biologist, I would recommend a return to suction mining to enhance water quality and fish breeding habitat.

OP
OP
F

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man FP you guys are gangster up there, I love it!! T.M.M.C Gotta have one of those stickers for my rig !

Granolas lurkin everywhere now, You guys stay safe ! This miner is on your side!

T.M.M.C I love it.........

Looks like Hawkeye is our first granola lurker, welcome him GT!

northern_sierras

May 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dredge all you want, just be smart and go around the corner. Out here in plumas national forest you cant walk out your door without breaking some damn rule.

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
shortly after 9/11, I was working at a ladys house. the day before I had see a group of marines hiking up a small ridge behind where I was working. I watched as they placed the US Flag/ Marine flag.
it was apparent to me they were getting ready to go to war, and was probably the only one to see this, a very touching moment for me and always will remember it.

this ridge was just inside the park boundry, I got to work at this ladys house and thought I would share what saw with her that morn.

two days later I watched as the park service removed those flags, it bothered that lady so bad that those flags were on park lands,she complained had them removed ?

those little flags would of rotted away in a few months, and you couldn't even see them unless someone had showed you.

They hurt no one, and were placed by young men and women, that freely signed up to protect this Great Country Flag and the park service.

These young men and women go to a God forsaken desert land of there free will, All so we don't have to worry about driving to the post office, and getting blown up by a freekin IED!!!!!!
or sitting dennys on sunday and a suicide bomber comes in and sits across from your family.

the granolas anti war folks, all the same.
the same ones that come out here bird, tortoise, flower watching and open there door paper flys out! oh well they don't pick it up.

The same ones that are save the bighorn!! yet they havnt walked out to see that on a year like we are having, no moisture at all, see the bighorn are eating all the cactus, 118 this weekend the tortoise will be out for first time, hes been waiting to eat for 8 months, oh no cactus im sorry mr tortoise the gronolas feel that the big horn are a bit more important than you are.

I have yet to run into a group of granolas picking up the trash out here in the bush, we didn't pick up trash out in the Dale this year just to see if any one would remove it,

the folks using goldcrown to get to the park with cadilac $X$ SUVs, or the bird or tiurtle watchers didn't pick up one piece that I could see, I did notice extra sandwich cotainers n plastic bottles? sure sign of out of towners or gronalas.

The folks hiking the sheephole and big horn watchers aren't doing there part to pick up trash either that I can see.

my point is that the same folks that support the save the planet green issues aren't doing there part out here so I doubt that they are cleaning any river areas up north, in fact I would probably be floored to see what the rivers look like now as I have not been up north in 20 years. sure they give $$$$$ for land grabs n cleanups.

THATS NOT WHAT WE NEED WE NEED BOOTS ON THE GROUND AND FOLKS IN THE WATER.............................

I could go on and on in my non educated way of writin, but I think you get an idea!!

knuckle head is taking away someones way of life so they are forced to go get on the Dole!

hawkeye39

May 12, 2013
Surprise, AZ
Detector(s) used
TDI SL
Whites GMT
GB2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the warm welcome Hefty1, Fullpan, and all. Don't be so quick to jump to conclusions.

I am a prospector/miner and sympathize with your cause, but here's why I think the idea is not too well thought out. You demand an apology or you are going to dump more mercury and lead into a river. Do you think that projects the image of a responsible mining community? It just adds fuel to the fire of those who think that prospecting/mining should be banned, and you know you'll never get an apology.

I'm sure there are other prospectors/miners who would not want to be associated this group, and would prefer a more sensible and professional approach to voicing their objections to the dredging ban.

Last edited:

GrizzlyGremlin

Nov 17, 2012
Being nice is not working!!!! Removing lead and mercury causes nothing for us but more shutdowns. More drastic measures are needed. Fullpan has thought this out. For all you who see this as irresponsible... I bet you consider the boston tea partiers to be terrorists, don't you! This action is not illegal and it brings the circle full concerning so called " Environmental preservation". If removing these harmful chemicals is not getting attention maybe putting them back will jar the reigns on the proverbial Environmental horse. Saddle up gentlemen and dont cower! Push harder until we are heard!!!

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other

Attachments

• humane-society.jpg
    humane-society.jpg
    378.2 KB · Views: 98

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
If they want to put laws on the books.... What they need is one that states that if some group makes claims that are not based on scientific facts that they are fined and outlawed. I for one am sick and tired of these enviro-wackos making claims that can NOT be proven scientifically. While I disagree with the tactic of returning the lead and mercury to the streams and rivers that we miners pulled it out of, I do agree that enough is enough. We CLEAN up a vast amount of toxins from the streams and rivers, pick up trash and other garbage around our sites and do everything we can to leave an area in better shape than it was in when we got there. Yet we are the BAD GUYS? THERE IS JUST SOMETHING WRONG WITH THAT!!!!

Give your favorite enviro-wacko a box of trash bags and a pair of gloves for Christmas so they can help us clean up the outdoors and they'll return it to WalMart and use the refund to buy something that will mess the environment up in some other way......

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Did anyone notice it doesn't say anything about lead fishing weights? Not yet anyway!

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say throw Izzy into the river, but I hate to say that would really kill the fish. All that toxic corruptness would wash off......

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the spirit, but I think it is a bad idea.

There has got to be an equally outrageous idea that doesn't pollute our streams.:icon_scratch:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread