Apr 20, 2009
Lowcountry, South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus !
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
OK, I'm still not sure what I found. I was thinking token because it's mighty thin for a coin.The letters at the bottom are L G L R on the other side in the middle in a circle from what I can see look like HONI . SOIT . OVI MAL .Y. PENSE what the heck this means I havent a clue. Ok you fellas's from England this is one of your creations now tell me what I found . Is it a coin, token, jetton, worth anything?? I also dug a KG copper dated 1742 many early flat buttons and a rev war USA Pewter button.The owner of the property said the original house ( we were on it ) was built in the late 1600's so it was there for a very long time. I think the British burnt the place during the rev war as it was just outside Charleston and obviously had American soldiers there at one time or another.Me and a bud loaded the landowner up with lots of early colonial buttons, buckles and such. He showed the stuff to someone he knew who knew an archeologist. The archy asked him why he let us hunt the spot and then said they needed to have a dig there. Long story short even though the owner told us after the first trip we were more than welcome to come back, after his talk with the archy we lost that site. He told us the archy's now wanted to excavate it. Hell had we not located it on the mans property in the first place they'd of never known about it!! Oh well maybe next time the landowner won't know an archy and I still dug a few very nice artifacts :laughing7:

Laszlo

Attachments

• jetton.jpg
    jetton.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 399
  • jetton.jpg
    jetton.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 388
Upvote 0

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good News, found it. 1663-85 (its an oldie :icon_thumright: )

English style Jeton made in Nuremberg GERMANY.

LGLR seems to be short for Lazarus Gottlieb Laufer (R = Rechen Pfening)- Jeton maker 1663-1709 :hello: So Jeton of Laza. Gottl. Lavff.

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
:o Very nice find :icon_thumleft:

Well done Cru!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shaun7 said:

Well done Cru!

I guess the poster is not bothered about the full id, time & effort >:(

OP
OP
PEles

PEles

Apr 20, 2009
Lowcountry, South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus !
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
CRUSADER said:
shaun7 said:

Well done Cru!

I guess the poster is not bothered about the full id, time & effort >:(
sorry Cru I didnt see your post but I would like to thank you for your time and effort very much, I appreciate it, great detective work :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread