Lewis County Washington ....Mason Jars of Coins

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
A Lewis County cache is hidden one mile north of Mary Corner on the north side of the Jackson Prairie Highway. This is the former location of the old A.E. Young place. Young settled here in the late 1800s and accumulated a small fortune in gold coins before he died. After his death, Mrs. Young placed the coins in several fruit jars and buried them behind the barn. Mrs. Young lived on until 1934. Although she told family members about the cache before she died, her relatives searched in vain after her passing, and the gold was soon forgotten. Later the house and barn burned to the ground and the property was abandoned.

Note
I have hunted for additional info on this and have tried the census.....lots of Youngs but didnt see any A.E.Young

treasureguy

Jul 24, 2007
central wa st
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
Hi Gypsy, i don't live to far from there, i am going hunting up there in nov for deer, wonder if this place is now a state park, seems in washington anything with gold buried is a protected state park, any other info yet? thanks Dusty

lgadbois

Mar 20, 2003
I think this cache was found. I met with the family that owns the property to get permission to search for the gold many years ago. They asked me some strange questions about whether or not is was legal to own gold coins. They did not give me permission.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread