Libby MT, Placer deposits

M3R1IN

Oct 6, 2006
Alberta, Canada
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, stock and DD coil
Hey im going doen to Libby MT on the 10th of October, does anyone know of any good placer deposits in the area?
I know theres a public panning place in the koootenai national forest south of libby but its probably been panned to death. Any info would be helpful or if anyone wants to meet me there and go, contact me via e-mail.

Upvote 0

goldinmypan

Apr 18, 2006
Ventura, CA
Detector(s) used
LST
I drove thru Libby a few of years ago and took a couple of hours to pan on Libby Creek. I went to a GPAA claim MT-15 if you are a member. 12 miles south of Libby turn right on Libby creek road. Go to bridge but don't cross. About 1/4 mile farther stop and get wet. Didn't do bad for just a couple of hours with a pan. Maybe about 1/4 gram of fine. No pickers. There were people dredging down stream and looked like they had been there for a while. Another prospector I talked to said that the gold upstream in the public area was courser with maybe a small nugget possible. Beautiful country. Hope you do well.

OP
OP
M3R1IN

M3R1IN

Oct 6, 2006
Alberta, Canada
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, stock and DD coil
Thanks for the tip, i actually got referred to that very claim by a guy here in Libby who runs the Gold Miser prospecting shop. This Store has alot of stuff to suit all your panning/MDing needs and the owner is super nice. I have some concentrates to work right now though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread