YumaMarc

Dec 12, 2004
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Minelab Quattro
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A walk in the jungle can reveal some pretty interesting and colorful little creatures, for those who are observant.

Anna's 88.jpg A colorful butterfly called "Anna's 88", for obvious reasons. Each wing has a very definite number 88. I've only found one of these.

DSC_0021 (3).jpg I don't know the name or species of this little lizard. They like to live around houses and rock piles. They look rather primitive.

DSC_0089.jpg A beautiful little bright blue damsel fly resting on a decaying banana trunk.

DSC_0513.jpg A very unusual and rather rare insect, Lystra lanata I believe. What appears to be fur is really sugar secretions from the food it eats. Even the tail is a secretion. For some reason the head secretions are yellow, everything else is white.

DSC_0519.jpg Lystra lanata. I've only found one of these, also.

DSC_0534.jpg A beautiful bright red dragon fly.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! That's gotta be awesome going through a jungle with a camera. Hope to see more.

OP
OP
YumaMarc

YumaMarc

Dec 12, 2004
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Minelab Quattro
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks very much to everyone for the kind replies and likes. I'm glad you liked the photos. I have literally thousands, so I'll dig out a few more today. Besides the unique nature, this is a beautiful country and culture with kind and respectful people. Contrary to what the news media would have you believe.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks very much to everyone for the kind replies and likes. I'm glad you liked the photos. I have literally thousands, so I'll dig out a few more today. Besides the unique nature, this is a beautiful country and culture with kind and respectful people. Contrary to what the news media would have you believe.
The MSM does that to to many countries!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You live in a special place! :occasion14:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Beautiful photos! Thanks for sharing some creatures most will never see!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread