Lighting used for rim checking??

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
I do halfs, and I find that a direct light on them makes it harder to see the silver edge. I use a bright light that point away from the coins, so the my room is lit up, but the light is not directly on the coins.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I try to use the sunlight that comes in the front windows of that kitchen table you guys see in my pics. If its dark out, then the kitchen light seems to work fine for me.

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
Just wondering what kind of lighting you guys use for rim checking your dimes?? I use sun light ( cloudy days are best) and a pair of reading glasses.
none. I lick every coin and wait for that distinct flavor of AG

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use one of those simulated daylight lights, it is bright and is a good point on the spectrum to see dates and silver in the rolls. Usually the lights can be expensive, but I've found them for 5-7 bucks at Goodwill with the bulb still working.

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
As I do dimes mostly, as I sit in my easy chair with a 100-watt halogen reading light next to me, with a plastic scrap bag next to my feet for the wrappers, and a three-pound empty coffee can between me and side of chair for the coin rejects.
The keepers (only a few) are stacked near the lamp. Since I date check, takes about 1-1.25 hrs per box.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread