Lightning does strike twice, hit the jackpot part II (with story and pics)

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter- Quick Silver (I know, I am a novice, give me a break! :P)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hit the motherload recently if you haven't already seen my post from the other day. Well brethren, I started my morning with a $1000 search of half boxes (my girlfriend searched $400 of that with her cash, and I searched $600 with mine, and I searched 370 in dimes. Also, I went back to the bank where I hit that motherload and wound up with this...
o0oRVh.jpg
Oh... What is that ugly green thing there?...
oUH1zh.jpg
Let me just open it up to....Hooooly!
z2Ew8h.jpg

!

PvoK4h.jpg

And in the end, here is what I wound up with:
QS9ubh.jpg

My girlfriend also found a 1968 40% and a 1964 90% on her first coin roll hunt ever! (MrsCRH, watch out :P).

So although a smaller jackpot than a few days ago, still quite a find; even for a pro CRHer; even on a good day.

On a side note, I won an XBOX360 with kinect from a raffle contest at work. I can't explain what is going on lately with this little streak here, but I hope it lasts for me, and starts for you all too! I hope you all are having good luck this week as well!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that's quite a streak of luck! I hope it keeps up for you too

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, i'm glad you found those! I was wondering where they were.

I'll send you my address so you can return them to me.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Punk! Nice work - I'd go back to that bank, and buy all the Fudgepacking dimes they had.

I ended up with 26 silver halves on Friday, so I ain't complaining. Been getting near 20 silver halves a week. Weighted on 40% side of things, but I ain't biatching.

Mrs.CRH

Jul 15, 2012
Orlando, FL
Detector(s) used
My hands, ears, & eyes =D
Primary Interest:
Other
HAHA!! Congrats on the finds & tell your girlfriend I said congrats on her finds as well!

Dark

Aug 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats!!
Awesome finds!

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
This is unbelievable. Literally, I don't believe it. I'm starting to doubt your original "jackpot" too. Just my opinion, I hope I'm not criticized for it.

smitty58d

Feb 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get some lottery tickets before the streak ends!!!

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
buy mega millions! :P
congrats on more solid rolls, it is amazing, you know it is probrably coming from one customer too!
hh
buff

OP
OP
Weaselbrott

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is unbelievable. Literally, I don't believe it. I'm starting to doubt your original "jackpot" too. Just my opinion, I hope I'm not criticized for it.

You're entitled to your opinion, and I don't blame you for having doubt after my find from the other day, but I simply went back to the same bank a few days later, and they happened to have one more of the green rolls, so I snatched it up (among 40 dollars in brown CWRs which only had 2 silver dimes within). I should note that I live in a fairly upper class area with a lot of "old wealth," so this is certainly a contributing factor in these amazing finds. I am also doing regular MWRs of dimes and halves with my usual few finds here and there, so this is just an extraordinary week for me, there is no real incentive for me to fabricate a find. I joined this community to simply share my thrill of the hunt with other like-minded people, and share in their experiences as well.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah..it sure doesn't seem likely that you are "trolling" for a reaction. I love the rolls of silver quarters. Beautiful.

The next solid roll I find, I am keeping for show and tell with all my friends.

I have also kept the wrappers of some of my favorite finds. including, writtin in old lady writing cursive "1 - 1964" on halves. indeed. 1 1964.

OP
OP
Weaselbrott

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
buy mega millions! :P
congrats on more solid rolls, it is amazing, you know it is probrably coming from one customer too!
hh
buff

Haha, I know man! It was definitely the same customer, without a doubt in my mind. The roll looked too similar to the others to be from someone else. They must have just not been able to sell me all of their rolls, or they held one back for whatever reason. I am just glad I snagged it up, but also dread the notion that somebody else may have gotten part of the find... That's life! HH

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice i would keep asking there the blind guy might bring more in!! I hit ac for $1300 last nite.

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too cool, awesome finds.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

If you don't believe his post that is your right, but don't accuse him of lying or falsifying his threads in your posts as that violates our rules....

Adamkir

Aug 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I think that if people are having tough runs, it either angers them to see success or they plain out think people would lie for some reason to get attention? I certainly think that is the case. I mean within a week I pulled almost twenty ounces with my lucky 19 quarter teller tray find followed by the solid roll from same bank the following Tuesday, and a few days after that I found 47 silver halves 44 being 40%ers, 3 being 90%ers from some CWR at a new bank . That last big find i posted got 4 comments.. That told me everything. Especially when my post on Canadian crap coins got many times that amount of post.

Aren't the big finds what keep us going? I really wonder... Hmmmm or is it nobody wants to believe one another anymore.. If thats the case. Well that freaking sucks..

Anyways sweet score man! Your find was alot like my recent quarters find. So I believe you 100% congratulations!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread