PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My workers have been talking about this "Dragon" hanging out at a recent job site. They finally distracted him enough to actually catch him and get some images they sent me. (Nothing was harmed getting these images, not even the Ipe wood they used to dip it out of the pool.:laughing7:)

Not sure of the type but we've sure been getting our share of exotic species people have let go.
If any one can shed some light on the type of "dragon" it would be apprciated.

Thanks and enjoy the weekend.

Attachments

• WindsorDragon.jpeg
    WindsorDragon.jpeg
    271.1 KB · Views: 36
  • WindsorDragon-Arrows.jpg
    WindsorDragon-Arrows.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 33
  • WindsorDragon-Closeup.jpeg
    WindsorDragon-Closeup.jpeg
    163.7 KB · Views: 41

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We used to have lot's of the common green Anole lizards here but the brown Cuban Anole has kind of taken over. I still see an occasional green one but they are more up in north Florida as they are cold hardy. Recently the Curly Tail lizard has been running around and the Red headed. Agama rock lizard which is from Africa. I get ring neck doves & blue headed conures at my bird feeder. All stared as pets decades ago. Lots of parakeets too.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Screenshot_20210925-064123_Google.jpg
Cuban anole...knights anole. One of the many invasive exotics now residing in florida. Have a big one on my patio !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We used to have lot's of the common green Anole lizards here but the brown Cuban Anole has kind of taken over. I still see an occasional green one but they are more up in north Florida as they are cold hardy. Recently the Curly Tail lizard has been running around and the Red headed. Agama rock lizard which is from Africa. I get ring neck doves & blue headed conures at my bird feeder. All stared as pets decades ago. Lots of parakeets too.

I've yet to get my hands on one of those red headed agamas. They are extremely quick with great eyesight. I have a few pet curly tails....they will eat out of my hand and can be trained to eat from the hand easily !! They'll share a meal with you whatever your eating !!

Last edited:

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
Detector(s) used
I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
Primary Interest:
Other
...we have Asian collared doves, 10-12? years now. Legal to shoot year around, invasive species. I feel the same about those lizards..

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have those doves too fat....if you haven't tried them they are excellent, and are usally a few ounces bigger than the native morning doves here. Are neighbor next to our wood shop is a cat lady....she feeds alot of stray cats and the doves flock in mass for the cat food...they are plump from feeding.

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
Detector(s) used
I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
Primary Interest:
Other
...I have ate a lot of collared doves, not enough Bob and Lion back-straps and no lizards that I can think of..

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I like the lizards as they eat bugs! Lots of bugs. Yes those red headed rascals are fast & strangely enough they prefer urban environments. The ringneck doves are fat but there are still a few more mourning doves than those. As for taming Curly tails I'd love to but my cats wouldn't stand for it.

OP
OP
PetesPockets55

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone for the replies.

Anoles are hard to come by any more due to the invasive pests. (+-8" Cane toads which eat everything come to mind as well.)
This is the first time seeing a Cuban Knight Anole and it looked pretty sinister with the dark look to the eyes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread