Lincoln and Indian battle while Anne Klein watches.

R

rvbvetter

? ? ? Went up to our capitol ( Sacramento ) today. So Arnold and i could hang out.
Detected some grass strips in older part of town. Finding clad, and then got a deep hit partially under the edge of the side walk. 1917 D wheat. More clad, then another deep hit in the middle of the strip 1895 Indian head. My first since i started detecting again a few months ago.
? ?Thrilled but getting tired. Decided to finish the remaining 10 ft. of the strip and go home happy.
2 ft. from the end got a hit that i knew wasn't a coin, but didn't sound like any other hit i had today. Put my screw driver in at a shallow angle above the target and pryed an inch of soil up.
? ?
SILVER!!!? ? ? BIG SILVER!!!? ? ? THE BIGGEST SILVER!!!? ? ? ? ? ? ? or so i thought.
? ?
? ? ?A ladies ANNE KLEIN wrist watch!? Less than 2 in. down, caked in dirt. Completly intact with a diamond in place of the 12 on the navy blue face and flawless prizm lense. Not a chip or scratch.
With a solid wrist band with a clasp set up, like on a necklace. Where it goes through and folds back over and clicks into place. After spitting on it ( yep, i did.? ? no water around ) for a while.
To get the incrusted dirt off. The watch and band appear to be polished stainless.
No moisture inside the lense. Looks like it should run if i was to wind it.
? ?Sorry no pics, but if i keep this up. I guarrenty a digital camera in my hands and pics in the post.
? ? ? ?Better yet i'll go buy one tomorrow and be back here to beg somebody to tell me how. Then i'll post pics of them. HH ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Upvote 0

poolboy

Mar 27, 2005
MAN I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that field cleans my finds!!L.O.L!W.T.G! H.H!

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find! Hope it's turns out all genuine. HH, Mike

Altiman

Aug 1, 2004
Wild Wild West
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I guess Jane Fonda isn't the only one to have spit on her face? Anne Klien too. Sorry coudn't resist.

Altiman

F

Floater

Nice Finds RV. That Watch sounds Like it was a Heart pounder coming out. I love that feeling. Hope the camera comes soon. HH

AmericanCoinHunting

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2005
CHICAGO
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Pro Coil,and 6x8" S.E.F,The Relic & Gold hunters DREAM...a Troy X-3 w/3 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once you get a digital camera. You can get a free account at Photobucket.com.........Upload your pics to the site and .Store your pics there..Then you can just click ,copy,and paste them with your relevant Post here on the Forum...It's pretty easy once you get used to it....I was computer illeterate,and it took me some time to learn......But it's easier than most other options I have found..
Nice finds B.T.W.........The only watch I found was a 1940's pocket watch...No crystal,but looks repairable...Those are the type of finds I hang on to.....But in your case.....If I were you I would be tempted to sell,,,,,If it brought me a good price..
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/SRVFAN/000_0803.jpg

OP
OP
R

rvbvetter

McNickle; Thanks for the link.
I'm going to have to stop screwing around and get this figured out and get some pics up.
Or people are going to start thinking i didn't find this. Or that i dug them up by the tree in my back yard. I've never done it before, but i'll get it going. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread