List of Battles fought During Revolutionary War ?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Raftsman's journal. (Clearfield, Pa.), 04 July 1855.

revolutionary.jpg
batles.jpg
list.jpg

Raftsman's journal. (Clearfield, Pa.) 1854-1948, July 04, 1855, Image 4 « Chronicling America « Library of Congress

Upvote 0

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm curious to know how they defined "battles". The British landed troops at Compo Beach in Norwalk, CT. They marched north to Danbury where they burned a large amount of stores. The local militia engaged the Redcoats and harassed them all the way back to their ships. Historians tell us that at some point, the retreat turned into a rout and the British soldiers were dropping packs and weapons as they fled from the colonists. There is a building in Danbury (or at least there was) which still had a cannonball partially embedded in the exterior wall. Sadly, by now the artifact has probably been stolen by druggies who sold it as scrap metal.
HH
dts

Palmetto Pony

Aug 21, 2016
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus /Teknetics T2 Classic/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A complete list with the exception of a FEW in the Southern states?! That could qualify as understatement of the millennium! Yes, I am proud of my home state but with that said, facts are facts. More battles were fought in SC during the Revolution than anywhere else. Heck, there were more fought here in a year than his whole list. With the exception of a few in the Southern states indeed!:angry7:

Don't believe I could put much stock in some articles/references...no matter how old they are!

Last edited:

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like a list of battles fought during Revolutionary War in Connecticut. Also forts.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread