Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I've come to the conclusion that there is reason to worry about a government takeover.

Since I'm not good at being an ostrich, and I've been asked to refrain from making my feelings know on the "other thread", thought I'd see if anyone wanted to post their name here.

Chadeaux sees it coming. Do you?

Last edited:

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you mean who's worried about our government taking over our government, well count me in. I realized late last night that "they" have had access to everyones social security numbers since the 30s and am just waiting for the other shoe to drop.

count me in.:icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Chadeaux

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Being ridiculous doesn't count.

So, how do you like being spied on?

Is it okay for the government to attack persons for their political/non-political/religious or other beliefs that do not fall in the party line?

So long as it is not the "new age hippie"/"weather underground"/"dope smoking"/"illegal aliens"/"democratic tax evaders" being spied on, I'm sure you're okay with it.

What happened at Watergate is small potatoes compared to what has recently been exposed ... I remember how we liberals (yeah, I was one) rejoiced over Richard Nixon's trials and his resignation.

Can't wait until someone has the cajones to start the ball rolling here.

Nixon resigned rather than face impeachment ... does the current occupant have the decency to spare the country that embarrassment? No, but then again, there is no one in Washington with the manhood to take on this crook.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, some of the cats in my head are worried about it, but they got nothing much to do anyways.
The other half ain't worried about it, and spend the day working and playing. They also belong to the crispin critters thread.
SO, my question(s) would be this; If I am already a member of the "people who ain't worried about a government takeover" thread, can I still be a member of this thread? And, how will my compadras at the other thread feel about this? I mean, some of the cats don't care one way or the other, really.

Man, you got all the cats roaring and mewing in my head now! Thanks a lot! :laughing7:

:cat::cat::cat::cat::cat::cat::cat::cat::cat::cat:

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In light of all the scandals that keep racking up and the new wrinkle that apparently the "gang of 8" is a puppet of the administration I say.. YES. Our Government is no longer by the people for the people. We are in trouble at this point. If you believe the Constitution is the law in America you are a target.
How long does a republic last after apathy by half of the constituents and then political discourse is discouraged? Would Thomas Paines' Common Sense have a chance to be discussed in a classroom, or chatroom?

Did you hear Miss Alabama say she would give up her privacy for security? I am sad. Kids no longer appreciate freedom, privacy and liberty. Our schools were infiltrated and the students indoctrinated and Parents never gave a thought to it.

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chad, Chad, Chad, take a chill pill. Have you never heard of Joe McCarthy? Have you ever read anything about Kent State?, How about the Okies? Do you remember when the union members were busting hippie heads over the VietNam war? Now that was some democracy in this country.

I take it you're ok with corporations tracking your key strokes, the sites you visit, and what you buy, right? Otherwise, your browser wouldn't bring you pop ups concerning all the above.

I say, Welcome to America, it's always been the PTBs against the commoner the only thing that's changed is the technology, and people stand in line for days to buy the latest piece of tech that can be spied on. Or the best auto with "ONSTAR"

As far as "how do I like being spied on?", I can only say they are going to be bored to death with my life.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chad, Chad, Chad, take a chill pill. Have you never heard of Joe McCarthy? Have you ever read anything about Kent State?, How about the Okies? Do you remember when the union members were busting hippie heads over the VietNam war? Now that was some democracy in this country.

I take it you're ok with corporations tracking your key strokes, the sites you visit, and what you buy, right? Otherwise, your browser wouldn't bring you pop ups concerning all the above.

I say, Welcome to America, it's always been the PTBs against the commoner the only thing that's changed is the technology, and people stand in line for days to buy the latest piece of tech that can be spied on. Or the best auto with "ONSTAR"

As far as "how do I like being spied on?", I can only say they are going to be bored to death with my life.

I have been hearing this complaint from the far left lately. Meant to distract and condemn anyone who likes privacy. Weird argument to make that people that condemn Communist slavery to the government are somehow evil?

OP
OP
Chadeaux

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
So then you admit that you are not worried? Would you like to join the list?

As you have requested Mods to request I not participate in your thread, I'll personally ask you to depart.

As a grown up, I'll ask you to leave voluntarily before getting a mod involved.

OP
OP
Chadeaux

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Yes Davest, I have. I was alive and very young at the time. Involved in some of the protests I was.

Not happy with anyone tracking my keystrokes, and know which javascripts to kill before they ever get to track me.

I no more would want Tnet or Micro$loth tracking me than the NSA or what's his name.

The difference is, the surveillance without just cause IS ILLEGAL when it is the government doing it. Did you ever hear of Soviet Russia? You know, BEFORE Ronald Regan's policies caused its collapse? You couldn't pick up a pay phone without knowing for certain that SOMEONE WAS LISTENING and collecting evidence against you.

But then again, the left would love nothing more than to have the Soviet Union's practices hold sway here.

Yes, it is illegal and I dislike ALL OF IT! Always have, always will.

Onstar is one of the worst creations of the military industrial complex. It enables them to control you vehicle ... even crippling it should you decide to run from them for some crazy reason, such as BEING INNOCENT!!!

You do not know me, I am a product of having lived the liberal lifestyle in the 70's. I came to hate it because for one thing, I am part of NO collective. I am an individual and value my privacy and personal choices.

I've seen and been witness to what you are wanting. IT DOESN'T ALLOW ANY FREEDOMS!!! You are property, just like a tree or a car. There is nothing to keep them from terminating you when they no longer want you.

The rule of law representd by the Constitution and Bill of Rights is why you can be so blissfully ignorant of the facts.

I fear, though, that onfire is stating truth ... an already established fact.

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
As you have requested Mods to request I not participate in your thread, I'll personally ask you to depart.

As a grown up, I'll ask you to leave voluntarily before getting a mod involved.

Nah, I prefer to get the mods involved. If we ignore them they feel unloved. You can respond in my thread...just be nice and civil. That is all I've ever asked of anybody on my thread. Besides, more people will read your thread if I respond to it. :) I'm really helping you grow here.

Control your emotions or somebody else will,

Crispin

OP
OP
Chadeaux

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Nah, I prefer to get the mods involved. If we ignore them they feel unloved. You can respond in my thread...just be nice and civil. That is all I've ever asked of anybody on my thread. Besides, more people will read your thread if I respond to it. :) I'm really helping you grow here.

Control your emotions or somebody else will,

Crispin

Guess manners aren't for everyone ...

As for your last statement, sounds like you would presume that it is your job to control others emotions.

If we were face to face, most people would consider those to be fighting words --- as they are phrased in the form of a threat. Perhaps you would do well to take those veiled threats elsewhere.

Besides, you're a little late. Your government is preparing to do just that for me ... and for you. Not just your emotions, but behaviors and perceived thoughts ("He looks like he's plotting against us!") as well.

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
Guess manners aren't for everyone ...

As for your last statement, sounds like you would presume that it is your job to control others emotions.

If we were face to face, most people would consider those to be fighting words --- as they are phrased in the form of a threat. Perhaps you would do well to take those veiled threats elsewhere.

Besides, you're a little late. Your government is preparing to do just that for me ... and for you. Not just your emotions, but behaviors and perceived thoughts ("He looks like he's plotting against us!") as well.

That was not a threat at all. It was a bit of friendly advice that WorldTalker gave me in the past. I'm really not much of a fighter. I've always seen physical violence as a last resort. If we were face to face I would just walk away. Anyway, good luck with your thread. Feel free to drop in on ours anytime you want, just be polite and civil. That is all I ask.

Have a good day, control your emotions or somebody else will,

Crispin

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every one please play nice..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
That was not a threat at all. It was a bit of friendly advice that WorldTalker gave me in the past. I'm really not much of a fighter. I've always seen physical violence as a last resort. If we were face to face I would just walk away. Anyway, good luck with your thread. Feel free to drop in on ours anytime you want, just be polite and civil. That is all I ask.

Have a good day, control your emotions or somebody else will,

Crispin

Control your emotions or somebody else WILL!! I look at what this world has become,but,I don't take my identity from it,nor do I get upset by it,I look at it like a Bad Movie!!!

OP
OP
Chadeaux

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
... I look at what this world has become,but,I don't take my identity from it,nor do I get upset by it ...

I remember a very meek man saying something similar to Pontius Pilate a long time ago.

Compared to the times in which I was raised, it surely has become a surreal thing. Makes Salvadore Dali's paintings look normal.

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chad, I hate to tell you this, but the private enterprise that is doing all this spying is a close neighbor to your bud, Dave44. I don't think they are a part of the "left" as you call them.

Does it not amaze you that the (our) government outsources intelligence collection to private corporations where there can be no scrutiny, nor FOI requests? I was under the impression that you supported free enterprise, and what is more free enterprise than collecting tax dollars to perform a job government employees used to do? I'm willing to bet the honchos of B-A are making a hell of a lot more than any old GS-14, and I'm willing to also lay odds that employees like Snowden, who was making over 150K a year, are doing better than any file clerk at the drivers license bureau could ever hope to make.

This is what you end up with when small government is the battle cry.

What's your take on this?

Last edited:

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Davest, I am not exactly sure what you are saying, but I believe that you believe it.

And the example you give,"I was under the impression that you supported free enterprise, and what is more free enterprise than collecting tax dollars to perform a job government employees used to do?", Is an example of crony capitalism that is on the rise and threatening free market economics across this country. Pay attention if you can.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread