http://rnb-innovations.com/

A must have for the Minelab Hunters..

HUNT LONGER / LIGHT WEIGHT / FIND MORE

04-IMG_6504.jpg

03-IMG_6501.jpg

09-IMG_6509.jpg

1-IMG_3371-002-1.jpg

Retail Price $199.99
NOW ONLY $129.99 (with an Exclusive One Year Warranty and FREE Shipping!)

It is Compatible with the following Minelab Metal Detectors including: E-Trac, Explorer SE Pro, Explorer 2, Quattro MP, Explorer XS and Explorer S. and Safari.

Now you can Save a Ton on Battery Cost. Never buy an Alkaline Battery again.

Experience the the World's First Li-Ion Batt Pack for these Great Minelab Machines.
(Minelab Uses the same Li-ion Technology with their new CTX 3030)

Includes the following items
•Smart Home Charger
•One Year Unconditional Warranty

Features
•Our Rechargeable Batt Pack is 12.5 volts. The Minelab Rechargeable is 9.6 volts. "It Does Matter"
•Our ML-2900 Weighs Only 10.47oz. The Minelab Slimpack Weighs 14.72oz.
•Charges in Less than 2 hours and will Hold 97% of that Charge in a Year!
•High Capacity Lithium-ion Delivers Long Life Run Time with Fade-Free Power!
•Smart Home Charger Shuts Off Automatically when fully Charged @ 12.5v shows a Green L.E.D.
•Optional 12v Smart Car Charger works the Same as the Home Charger.
•Hunt for Days on a Single Charge.
•One Year Unconditional Warranty.

Compatible Metal Detectors
•Minelab E-TRAC
•Minelab Explorer II
•Minelab Explorer S
•Minelab Explorer SE
•Minelab Explorer SE PRO
•Minelab Explorer XS
•Minelab Quattro MP
•Minelab Safari

Field Test - RB Innovations new Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery

I obtained a new RNB Innovations Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery for my Minelab Explorer (they work in the E-Trac and Safari as well).

I got it just in time to try out on my week long road trip last week. I must say I was quite impressed with how long it held a charge! I put it through some rigorous testing.... I charged it for 2 hours before the beginning of my trip, and came home 1 week later with nearly 30 hours hunt time on it and it still shows about 3/4 charge on my meter.

I did not go easy on it either! I hunted for most of that 30 hours in very trashy parks and beaches and in cold weather.... 2 things that kill battery life of a lesser battery. I left my detector in the back of my truck during a few nights when the overnight temp dipped well into the low to mid 30's and it came to life with a full charge each time I started hunting in the morning. NMh rechargeables would always seemed to lose their charge partially when they got real cold.

It sure was nice not having to carry a couple extra battery packs with me each time I was out hunting - especially on the beach when I walked 3-4 miles away from my truck. Car charger works great, and the coax plug is larger in size to prevent accidental charging with a NMh charger which isn't recommended.

All thumbs up for this great battery!!!

Take care and HH,

Mike Moutray

Customer Reviews MINELAB-BATT

Last edited:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Help me understand how this new battery can help my machine to "go deeper" and "find more"???

OP
OP
R

RNB

Jul 3, 2012
So-Cal
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Cudamark,

Many users of our Batt Pack have claimed their machine goes deeper and they are finding alot more because they can hunt longer
without changing Batt Packs and it's also lighter.

I took that off my thread and will continue to let people draw their own conclusion about our ML-2900

Thank you for your question,

Best Regards

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So this is more anecdotal evidence than scientific testing. Since the machine has a built-in voltage regulator, I doubt it will cause the machine to run "hotter". As for hunting longer, just change the battery pack and keep going......what do you lose......30 seconds? You just have to remember to keep an extra battery with you. It's great that it's lighter. Anything along that line helps in swinging it. Might not help the balance though. That's a nice short recharge time and a good long shelf life. It's exciting to see advances in battery technology.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am interested in buying one, but I would like to see some reviews that aren't on your webstite. You have lots of people talking about how long it takes to drop from 4 to 3 bars, but NO listing how long it takes from 3 to dead. Is the power drain steady or will it die quickly after reaching 3 bars?

Not trying to knock your product, just some questions in my head. I have 1600 battery pack that has lost much of it's useful charge time and I am interested in replacing it.

OP
OP
R

RNB

Jul 3, 2012
So-Cal
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Jason,
So you're interested in buying one?
You can upgrade from your 1600mAh Minelab Batt Pack to an 1800 Minelab Batt Pack for about a $100.00 plus shipping...
Or you can get a Lithium-ion RNB ML-2900mAh Batt Pack and 2hr Smart Charger with a 1 year Warrantee for $29.00 more! "Free Shipping"

If you would like to see more Customer Reviews you could search other Forums!
Or if you wanted to you could cut and paste the ones on my site to Google and see where they came from..

And yes lots of people are talking about the voltage meter on the Minelab Machine staying at 4 bars for a long time!
The reason for that is the ML-2900 is charged to 12.5 volts and it is the characteristic of Lithium-ion Batteries to
retain a much higher voltage thru-out their cycle, Much more than the older nimh type battery which start out at 9.6 volts and
run down rapidly.

So when the voltage meter reads around 3 bars you may get about 10 to 12 hours more.
Overall you will get a total of 25 to 30+ hours on a single charge...
If you hunt 3 hours a week you could hunt for 9 or 10 weeks or 2 1/2 months without charging the ML-2900.
Another nice feature our batt packs hold their charge for a very long time.
No more overnight charges before you go hunting!
We also sell a 12v Car Charger for $39.99 that will charge in less than 2 hours.

I hope this answers your questions Jason?

And you have a very Cool website!

Best Regards

Joe

2900Santaf.gif

Last edited:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, I'm interested in one. I already have a 1800mah, but my 1600 is older, and as stated before won't hold a charge for very long.

I hope you are having this special for a while, I am in the middle buying gifts for everyone else at the moment.

Thanks for props on my website. It's still small because I am at my page # limit. I plan on increasing it and adding a lot more content in the near future.

Last edited:

Jeff in Pa

Feb 26, 2005
Pa
Detector(s) used
I have owned/own the Anfibio Multi, CTX, Etrac, Equinox, SE Pro, EX II, XS, Soveriegn Elite, Garrett Ace 250 and the Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have this battery and I can tell you that just the fact that I never have to wonder if my battery still has a charge for the next day is a very nice thing to know. When I am done on any given day with detecting I look at my battery meter and if its still at full I know that I can grab my detector a week or a month later and it will still have full bars.

These batteries hold their charge for a VERY long time and last a VERY long time. If you think about the cost of an 1800 VS this 2900 and a charger just calculate out what you get for 30 or 40 dollars more.. its a "No Brainer". This battery easily wins in every respect. You figure how much time you get out of the 1800 and the fact of "Topping off" the battery before a hunt VS getting close to 30 hours and only charging it once for an hour or two one time per charge. No topping off needed!! I couldn't be happier with it.

I say for anyone that is happy with their current batteries, "Good for you!!!" This is just another option to make things more convenient. An example would be that I drove stick shift for many years but now prefer an automatic. Its like all the other things in life that have been made to better satisfy some of the people.

Its a choice for anyone.

dirtwizard

Feb 19, 2013
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari/Fisher F2/Minelab go-find 40/Garrett pro point
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just got one in the mail today. These guys have lightning fast service I only ordered it 2 days ago. Took about 20 minutes to charge straight out of the box. It appears to be a very good quality battery, can't wait to give it a run once my safari comes! I bought a used safari from a fellow member here and thought one of these batteries would be a worthwhile investment for a power source.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread