Little cobs

Richard Ray

Feb 20, 2011
East Texas
Detector(s) used
Many brands, Magnetometer, GPR, Side Scan, etc.

Attachments

• Small cobs.jpg
    Small cobs.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 831

divewrecks

Bronze Member
Sep 7, 2004
Down South - Marietta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE (land), Aquapulse AQ1B (sea), Fisher CZ-20 (water, beach), Fisher 1266X (woods)
Not really small as far as cobs go. 1/2 reales were very common and there were even some 1/4 reale pieces struck. Nice cobs though....

Stan

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Niceeeeeeeeeee one day I will find a real cob too. :icon_sunny:

sandnut

Nov 17, 2010
Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II uMax , Tesoro Silver uMax, Minelab Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
nice looking :icon_thumleft:

realeswatcher

Sep 1, 2010
Nice pieces... that 1748 2R (lower R) has a nice, even strike. Detector finds or purchases?

One thing... the pieces at the lower L (definitely - marked with the "I") and also the upper R look to be 1 Real denominations... They're both earlier pieces (mid-late 1600's)... Note that as you get into the 1700's, the Potosi planchets got smaller (in diameter) and correspondingly thicker... So, often a 1666 1R will be about as wide as a 1766 2R (but much less thick).

OP
OP
Richard Ray

Richard Ray

Feb 20, 2011
East Texas
Detector(s) used
Many brands, Magnetometer, GPR, Side Scan, etc.
They are all "found" coins, as are all of mine, I don't buy coins. I've found and sold buckets full of cobs over the years, mostly in Mexico and other countries, i.e., Central America...
Richard Byrd Ray

Trez

May 10, 2006
Treasure Coast (Vero Beach) to Sebastian
Detector(s) used
Sov Elite, CZ20, Minelab Sovereign XS, Explorer II, My eyeballs to bloody fingers have done me well also.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Richard Ray said:
They are all "found" coins, as are all of mine, I don't buy coins. I've found and sold buckets full of cobs over the years, mostly in Mexico and other countries, i.e., Central America...
Richard Byrd Ray

I sure would like to see more pictures...with finding bucket fulls I would hope you have many to share.
Thanks in advance...
Sell them I see? let me know what you have, I also prefer to find them but always looking for something to add to my collection...

Trez

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Very nice finds--great pictures!

All the best,

Lanny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread