Whites Mxt Pro + Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ForumRunner_20120728_083212.png

TheElementOfSand

Jul 19, 2012
Fort Wayne
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT E-series, Whites Beachhunter, Garrett Ace350, Garret 76'-77'Fortune Hunter, Cen-tech Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OH MY I want to go panning now..but I think im too far north. Im up in fort wayne...havnt heard of any gold being found around here.

OP
OP
matrix master DBA

matrix master DBA

Jan 29, 2008
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is Gold in Fort Wayne Allen county is covered in glacial deposits. I have heard cedar creek north of Fort Wayne has gold in it. The best thing to do is get a pan and a 1/2" classifier and go prospecting!! I will do some research and see if I can locate some more locations near your area. You might check out or contact chuck lassiters web site Midwest prospector he has allot of info or his website. Good luck and have fun...

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
Not bad at all Mr. DBA.:thumbsup: Any day with color in the pan is a good day.

inspectorgadget

Jul 14, 2012
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT with 10"DD coil, Sun Ray probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice to see color still coming from down in that area. Have you ever tried Indian Creek & if you have did you have any luck?

OP
OP
matrix master DBA

matrix master DBA

Jan 29, 2008
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have not tried Indian creek. I hear there is good gold in indian creek. I usually prospect in lick creek when there is water. There are a lot of fines lickers and I have found some nice pickers. I might ride up to Indian a see if I can find some color and post a picture..

inspectorgadget

Jul 14, 2012
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT with 10"DD coil, Sun Ray probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have not tried Indian creek. I hear there is good gold in indian creek. I usually prospect in lick creek when there is water. There are a lot of fines lickers and I have found some nice pickers. I might ride up to Indian a see if I can find some color and post a picture..

Thanks matrix! I am looking at a house that is about 300ft away from Indian creek just south of Morgantown on Lick Creek Rd. House needs work but it's a great deal & would be perfect place to go pan/dredge or even kayak from... that is if color is there & I figured there probably was but wasn't sure.

I was on Big Pine Creek (between Rainsville & Attica) kayaking about a month ago.. Saw the guys from the Midwest Prospectors web site doing some dredging right under a big boulder, the creek was very low & he had a 4' to 5' deep hole dug out on the downstream side under the boulder. We just saw the sluice tender as we approached & up out of no where the other guy pops up from under the water in the hole he dug/dredged out, it was in an area that was dry but not after they dug it out. Looked like they were processing a lot of material for a little set up.

Last edited:
OP
OP
matrix master DBA

matrix master DBA

Jan 29, 2008
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd like to make it up to big pine creek. I've seen some of the gold that comes out of that creek. The gold in Morgan county is courser than what is in brown county the Illinoian glacier was the first. It went into northern brown co. And the Wisconsin glacier came down to central Morgan co. So Morgan has a double dose of glacial gold.. .LoL.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread