Little creek prospecting Washington State

phishisgroovin

May 24, 2012
Kent, Wa.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My brother & I have gotten into prospecting lately as a sunday adventure nearly every weekend. Good times.

We have this little creek we havebeen hitting regularly but way down low.
We decided yesterday to head way up in the hills until we got tired of walking/hiking towards the top of the creek, we stopped and panned a few test holes only to find a couple tiny specks & that was it, How far in feet do you guys usually go between test pans down river for your next test pan?

we want to start where we stopped yesterday and head down creek finding heavier deposits, but its a fun filled walk with a trusty Machette since there is no easy way into the lower creek between where we dig and where we want to dig. Hornet nests are all over the place as well.

PS: Hello everyone, My name is Randy. From Kent Wa.

Upvote 0

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might check the inside edge of all the feeder creeks where they make the turn and flow into the main river.

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had to take several looks at your avatar Randy...:laughing9:
Welcome to the forum. Gold Nuggets :hello:

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would go half down the creek and check! If no good there you saved yourself a lot of walking. I assume you are looking for the mother load,If good go half way back up and check there and thus narrow down the search by halves.

Last edited:
OP
OP
phishisgroovin

phishisgroovin

May 24, 2012
Kent, Wa.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Heres my score so far on the Crick.

The klinker (clinks in my gold bottle) weighs .050 and was my Easter Egg (panned on Easter).

Photo1931.jpg 100_9156 (Medium).jpg

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's pretty coarse looking, I would think you are already close to the source.

OP
OP
phishisgroovin

phishisgroovin

May 24, 2012
Kent, Wa.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well, off to my hole again tomorrow. cant wait since the water should be unusually low tomorrow and i will get back under the boulder where that clinker came from.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread