Little gold Little silver and a lot of rain

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
That about sums up yesterday outing . Bobbie and I were both chomping at the bit to get out after not being able to get out last weekend as we had both our parents in for Easter. We had planned to start early and work out way south east;unfortunately
Mother Nature had other plans as we had monsoon style rains until noon time. Finally getting to the first spot, finds were sparce
At the outside of one piece of equipment I found a chunky 10k yellow and white gold bracelet that had "I Love You" in white gold as center piece. It looked as if it had been ripped from persons wrist as it was broken at the first link that connects it to center piece. After this finds were even more leaner as we hit few more sites. Bobbie ended up with about 70 coins and 6 pieces of costume jewelry. I finshed with 54 coins silver earring, the above bracelet, and 4 pieces of junk jewelry.
We will head out later today to check some new sites. Told Bobbie today will be her day for the gold. Will post if later
hh
dave+bobbie

Upvote 0

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
WTG!!! Sounds like a great haul after all... ;D
Glad you could finally get out, Good luck on the next one...

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats.

? ? ? ? ? ?Good to hear your still getting out

IF the Rain Keeps up, We'll all need Underwater Detectors to Search this Year :D

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?J E F F

bigrig40

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2005
Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
white's
Hi dave,
Its hard to feel bad for ya when ya get 120+ coins and gold! ;D thats a great day of hunting in my book, bad weather or not.excellent hunting you two!

peace,bigrig

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
love those troy detectors! ;D not many folks here use them,but i went out for an hour before dark turned up thr disc and worked the melted snow piles near my house got 3 bucks in clad,in an hour!so will go back to turn the disc down and see what other gooddies i missed.its a college snow dump so gold and silver to be had im sure.by the way i have an x5 you folks have x3s right?would like to know if you folks are in any other troy forums etc would like more tricks tips etc. way to go you guys!!!!
dekalb 33 ;D

OP
OP
dave-enc

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
Hey Dekalb,

yea we both love our shadows actually we both have x2's. When bobbie first started detecting with me 4 years ago , she learned the x2 and now refuses to use anything else. I would like to have x3 or x5 but for now will keep working with the x2. She uses my original x2 that I bought back in 99, I use one that we bought couple of years ago as a back up for her. Back first of this year we bought another x2 , as a back up for the other 2. Not many folks around here either use them but we did meet one gentlemen 3 years ago that was out with his. Bigrig yea it was a good day, but today was bobbies day and I will post that in a separate post
hh
all
dave+bobbie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread