DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally got back out this evening. Didn't have much time to hunt so I went to one of my older spots that is closer to home. It is a old farm field that the local hunting club leases, or use to lease? I had permission all the way around, even still posted with the hunting clubs sign's. But anyway right about the edge of dark a couple guys walked up to me and asked me what I was doing. Then one say's your not supposed to be here, and I reply says who? He says me, then I reply who are you? Arrogantly he says I am the guy that owns this. By this time I was a little shookin up , kind of wanted to smack the piss out of his arrogant little ass, I mean I have been hunting this place for years. Anyway his Daddy just bought the land about a month ago. He told me not to come back so I guess it is just one less place to go now, Gonna miss the place but what can I do? Anyway here are the few things I found this evening, few flat buttons, archaic point, and a little suspender buckle.-- HH everyone,GL 001.JPG 002.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 12

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pfft, what a punk! I'd be mad too. People can be so jerky. At least you got to detect it for so many years.

can

Dec 26, 2015
NC
Detector(s) used
xp DEUS, excal sword,ctx 3030, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very nice find

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Sorry you lost a site. Hope another door opens for you. Congrats on getting out.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry to here about the incident, what a bummer. At least you got out of there with your finds. :thumbsup:

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds to me like, just maybe, a trip to that "daddy" might be in order. Nothing to lose at this point and maybe a chance to thumb your nose at sonny boy. ;)

OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pfft, what a punk! I'd be mad too. People can be so jerky. At least you got to detect it for so many years.
Thanks. Have to admit I was fortunate to get to know the place for awhile, All good things must come to a end sooner or later I guess.

OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds to me like, just maybe, a trip to that "daddy" might be in order. Nothing to lose at this point and maybe a chance to thumb your nose at sonny boy. ;)
I might have messed up whadifind:laughing7: I threw a few ugly words their way while we where parting ways. but the way the guy was talking, don't know if there would have been much chance of that happening anyway?

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That guy sounds like the north end of a southbound horse to me.

screwynewy

May 10, 2011
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry to hear about your encounter with junior. But I'm not clear on who you had permission from? Was it juniors father? If so you should have calmly explained that and ask if he would mind calling him right then to confirm. From the sounds of it I doubt it would have made difference.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I might have messed up whadifind:laughing7: I threw a few ugly words their way while we where parting ways. but the way the guy was talking, don't know if there would have been much chance of that happening anyway?

You still have nothing to lose if you wish to continue there. I suspect that daddy just might know that sonny is akin to "the north end of a southbound horse" as Johncoho puts it.

In any case, there is PLENTY of Earth out there! ;) One door closes and another opens. Might just be an omen, time to move onward and upward.

ErGarber

Feb 17, 2016
Ozarks
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro and Pro pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I might not of had the harsh words with Jr but I might of dumped all my trash back on the property in front of him and told him he could have what I found then.

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Jerks like that are rapidly becoming the rule rather than the exception these days DI2. Nice relics for your last hunt there. WTG, Q.

foilfinder

Jul 15, 2014
Ardmore Ok.
Detector(s) used
Sovereign/WOT,Goldquest,DFX,Tesoro DeLeon,
Fisher Impulse.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He just didn't know how to say it with class, just hate them types, surprised he didn't confiscate your finds.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This kind of thing has happened to us. We always assume that anyone approaching us & asking questions is going to be either the owner or the manager.(Otherwise whats their interest?)
Therefore, we always come from an applogetic stance which rides us through the awkward part of the conversation. You could have suggested he needed to take down the signs to make it clearer. Also, we meet up with every landowner at least once a year to build the relationship & confirm our continued rights for the next year.

Last edited:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PS. If you had played it right, you may have become the sole hunter for that land. (I know we have)

OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear about your encounter with junior. But I'm not clear on who you had permission from? Was it juniors father? If so you should have calmly explained that and ask if he would mind calling him right then to confirm. From the sounds of it I doubt it would have made difference.
Had permission from the original land owner, and the hunting club. Apparently the place was sold about a month ago to these people and I just didn't know it.

OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You still have nothing to lose if you wish to continue there. I suspect that daddy just might know that sonny is akin to "the north end of a southbound horse" as Johncoho puts it.

In any case, there is PLENTY of Earth out there! ;) One door closes and another opens. Might just be an omen, time to move onward and upward.
lol, but I don't know, he might get that attitude from daddy? In any case you are right, not gonna stress it too much. There is plenty of land out there. I still have a couple other places to go. But it is a shame. I am sure you know how it is when you get attached to a place. I go way back with this place, since I was a little kid even before I started detecting, fishing a pond that is over there and stuff. Gonna miss it that's for sure.

OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jerks like that are rapidly becoming the rule rather than the exception these days DI2. Nice relics for your last hunt there. WTG, Q.
thanks Q. I guess it just comes with the territory sometimes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread