Oct 5, 2007
Somewhere in Michiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus for now
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked these 2 up the other day for 50 cents each. I'm having a hard time finding the Red Sox hat and would appreciate any info on it and the Bulls hat. Also, there's some black dots on the inner band of the Bulls hat. These appear to have never been worn, so any help on a mild cleaning would be appreciated.
thanks
DJH

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    334.6 KB · Views: 104
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    665.2 KB · Views: 107
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    713.5 KB · Views: 110

Baltimore

Feb 18, 2013
Maryland/Vermont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! The Boston red sox hat should do very well, I've sold the same hat design many times but with different teams. I've gotten $50 for deadstock examples, yours could probably get $30. Red sox is a rare team for 90's snapbacks (they sucked so no one bought their merch), and they are quite popular now so I'd say it'll sell for a good price. I'd probably ask $45 at first just to see if I got any bites, and then lower it slowly if it doesn't get any takers. Make sure to include Sports Specialties in the listing title, its one of the most desirable hat brands.

The bulls hat is common, but should still get you $15-20. There is a ton of Bulls stuff out there (Very popular in the 90's), but there is a wave of 90's nostalgia that's pretty big right now, so bulls stuff is hot. Black dots shouldn't matter, just make sure to show them in your listing.

dumpsterdiver

Dec 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should start writing the Snapback Hat Collectors guide. I'm pretty sure you are the expert in the field.

Nice finds! The Boston red sox hat should do very well, I've sold the same hat design many times but with different teams. I've gotten $50 for deadstock examples, yours could probably get $30. Red sox is a rare team for 90's snapbacks (they sucked so no one bought their merch), and they are quite popular now so I'd say it'll sell for a good price. I'd probably ask $45 at first just to see if I got any bites, and then lower it slowly if it doesn't get any takers. Make sure to include Sports Specialties in the listing title, its one of the most desirable hat brands.

The bulls hat is common, but should still get you $15-20. There is a ton of Bulls stuff out there (Very popular in the 90's), but there is a wave of 90's nostalgia that's pretty big right now, so bulls stuff is hot. Black dots shouldn't matter, just make sure to show them in your listing.

Baltimore

Feb 18, 2013
Maryland/Vermont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I actually did write a book about hats, but it is mostly about classic american design in Trucker hats. I'm currently trying to get it published. I do sell a ton of hats though, maybe I should write a buying guide... still lots to learn though, but I'm always happy to share what I know!

OP
OP
diggin jimmy hoffa

diggin jimmy hoffa

Oct 5, 2007
Somewhere in Michiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus for now
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you don't mind sharing, what are some of your resources on the web that you find yourself using the most?

Baltimore

Feb 18, 2013
Maryland/Vermont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you don't mind sharing, what are some of your resources on the web that you find yourself using the most?

most of what I know is actually just from having thousands of hats move through my hands and figuring out what sells and what doesn't. I actually haven't been able to find any online resources, I know that there is definitely a hat collecting community but so far I have not been able to find its online presence. If you ever have any questions feel free to ask me and I'll help you out as best I can!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread