Little help please

Urban Prospector

Feb 21, 2007
N OC CA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,Compass 94B & 77B
:oJust started reading about CRH figured out it's coin roll hunting.Now eventually I'll figure out the jargon but maybe some of you folks would speed the process and explain the 40% 80% proof and etc.I'm a guessing it's silver content and is determined by year like the silver/ clad cutoff. Is the value different between clads?The consept intrigues me but if I wait to buy the book and read it my simple mind will be obsessed/compulsed with something else.

Upvote 0

fyrfighter17

Feb 24, 2007
Essington,Pa
Detector(s) used
GARRETT AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok not up to snuff myself but here goes the term clad is coins made after 1964 90% are coins dated up to and including 1964 40% is coins minted 1965-1969 (obviosley doesnt include pennies) after that they are just plain old clad unless they are "S" mints

OP
OP
Urban Prospector

Urban Prospector

Feb 21, 2007
N OC CA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,Compass 94B & 77B
thanx Miss Lejeuene just checked out your recamended thread and it helped answer most questions and raised others like "red seal" bills.Saw a reference tored star bills before.I've saved change in a bottle for years just to keep from wearing out my pants pockets.Started there and realized it had lots of goodies and never knew.Silver dreams...UP

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread