All Treasure Hunting
i think they came from Mojave desert in California

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well AA, That's way out my area, I'll not hazzard a guess. That blade is fantastic, Congrats on your inheritance. :)

Molly.

Like Molly, thats out of my area too, but if they are from the Mojave, then the materials on most of em appear to be basalt. The other "shiny" ones I'd say are prolly obsidian. Those are some nice peices you have there. Hold on to em....but then if ya dont like em....I know of a good home in Texas...
Happy hunting

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like Molly and Jonnyreb, you are out of my area for me to try to ID your points. I do agree with jonnyreb though that they look to be made of Basalt and possibly Obsidian.

Try this link and see if you can find them on here. This is a great site for ID'ing points.

http://www.projectilepoints.net/

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow this is a lot of work finding out what they are. :o i must be a :newbie:

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
these came from my wifes cousin and he did travel so maybe he found um in Nevada :icon_scratch:

diggerfororo

Jul 29, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6-CZ20-Whites surf PI
I am from north central Mo. so I too am not familiar with points from that area. BUT the point on the far left is in the style of Nebo Hill and the one on the far right is in the style of a Dalton. These are classifications from my area and may differ in other areas.

Les

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
diggerfororo said:
I am from north central Mo. so I too am not familiar with points from that area. BUT the point on the far left is in the style of Nebo Hill and the one on the far right is in the style of a Dalton. These are classifications from my area and may differ in other areas.

Les
talking to my wife she says her cousin was in the Air Force so when he traveled they might be from all over. his last residence in the U.S. was Mojave.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread