LITTLE PEOPLE, NUNNEHI, AND OTHER DIETY BOOK INFO

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
for those of you that were wanting the info on these books, here it is;;;;;; ''american folklore and legend'', put out by readers digest 1978-----isbn# 0-89577-045-8,,,,,,,,,,,pg# 48-49,, tells the Iroquoian myths about the little people, breaking them into three groups;;;, the hunters, who pursue the great white buffaloe who travel under the ground, and would cause great suffering to mankind if ant were able to escape one of the entrances to the netherworld.................the stone throwers, who can hurl large boulders and uproot trees,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and the third tribe, who awaken the p[lants and cause them to grow................................2nd book;;;;;;;;; ''through indian eyes'', also put out by readers digest in 1995 isbn# 0-89577-819-X,,,,,,,,,,,pg#124,,,,,,,,describes the little people as so strong as to throw boulders, uproot trees, guards of the entrances to the underworld, and keepers of the plants...............................book # 3, and also very much in depth with much info concerning all the gods, and personal diety of the cherokee;;;;;;;;;; '' history, myths, and sacred formulas of the cherokees'' by james mooney,,,,,,1992 isbn# 0-914875-19-1,,,,,,,,,,,this contains the full text of ''myths of the cherokee'' 1900 and also ''the sacred formulas of the cherokee'' 1891 ........definition of nunnehi = a race of invisible{unless they want to be seen} spirit people...i dwell, i live,,,,i dwell habitually,,,dwellers anywhere,,,those who live anywhere,,,immortals,,,,,,,,,,,they dwell in the highlands of old cherokee country, at pilot knob, under the great mound ''nikwasi'' in north carolina {this is where civil war story is from},,,and also under blood mountain in georgia, at the head of the nottely river.................Yunwi Tsunsdi, or the little people, lived in the rocks and caves of the mountain sides they were known to bewilder and confuse people in the woods to keep them from locating things that would be bad for mankind, and much more.................gldhntr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions