00001671XL.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 613

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet, New boots For Someone. Chug!!

OP
OP
gadigger81

gadigger81

Apr 12, 2011
Trion, Ga
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATP
Chug and Red said:
Sweet, New boots For Someone. Chug!!

LOL Speaking of boots, the snake boots this guy had on wouldn't cut it with this snake!

S

stefen

Sorry to pop your bubble...

This is an old photoshopped picture that has been posted on TN a number of times over the years...it's purely BS...only the location and description has changed...

That's like holding a 300 pound snake on an 8 foot pole...that guy couldn't hold 50 lbs if he tried...

OP
OP
gadigger81

gadigger81

Apr 12, 2011
Trion, Ga
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATP
stefen said:
Sorry to pop your bubble...

This is an old photoshopped picture that has been posted on TN a number of times over the years...it's purely BS...only the location and description has changed...

That's like holding a 300 pound snake on an 8 foot pole...that guy couldn't hold 50 lbs if he tried...

What I can't stand is people opening their mouth without doing research. For one, the GON would never post an article on anything without doing their research. Since this is an article in a highly credible magazine, I have no reason to believe it's fake. If you would have clicked the link I provided, you would of seen for yourself. :sign13:

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stefen,

The picture is not Photoshopped. It is just a trick of perspective that makes the snake look so huge. The article states that the snake is 6'6". That is not unheard of. When I was stationed at Ft. Bragg, NC, I owned a 7' Eastern Diamondback. It died before becoming the largest and longest Eastern DB in captivity at the time (late 1980s).

If you look at where the tail is about to touch the ground, you will see that it is about 3-4 feet from the man's foot. The snake is about halfway between the man and the photographer. 6'6" looks about right.

Best-Mike

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LOVE that pic GD! :hello2: I know its real. Hell, I seen Water Moc's in Texas (Dickenson) 6' long! In the desert, our ringtails usually top out around 5', but.. a prospector got a 32-pound Jackrabbit eatin' monster over by the old Octave mine two-years ago! That thing was at least 6' long! YIKES! :o

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love the way people take pictures of snakes. Always holding them way out in front to make em look bigger. This one here caught in Jacksonville, Fl. was measured at 7'3", to look at the picture you'd think he was 10 or 11 feet long.
florida rattler.jpg
florida rattler 2.jpg

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big un!

That's what 22 pistols are for!

Gary66

Jul 30, 2009
Belle Vernon PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Bandido and Conquistador. Whites TR-Disc, Eagle 2 SL 90, Eagle Spectrum, XLT and M6. Garrett GTAx 1000pm, Garrett Pro Pointer. Compass XP-Pro. Fisher CZ-6A. Bounty Hunter Tracker IV and Sharpshooter.
Need new boots?

I'm sorry but you wouldn't have been safe in a car with that thing trying to bite thru.... lol

OP
OP
gadigger81

gadigger81

Apr 12, 2011
Trion, Ga
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATP
Terry Soloman said:
LOVE that pic GD! :hello2: I know its real. Hell, I seen Water Moc's in Texas (Dickenson) 6' long! In the desert, our ringtails usually top out around 5', but.. a prospector got a 32-pound Jackrabbit eatin' monster over by the old Octave mine two-years ago! That thing was at least 6' long! YIKES! :o

I think i'd rather come across this guy than a 6 ft Water Moc!! Well, neither one if I can help it! :laughing7: I guess these snakes are eating our "enhanced" :icon_scratch: 6 week chickens! :laughing7:

OP
OP
gadigger81

gadigger81

Apr 12, 2011
Trion, Ga
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATP
diggummup said:
I love the way people take pictures of snakes. Always holding them way out in front to make em look bigger. This one here caught in Jacksonville, Fl. was measured at 7'3", to look at the picture you'd think he was 10 or 11 feet long.

Can't say I'd blame them! :laughing9: Dead or not, I would be that far away :laughing7: Can't stand snakes!

OP
OP
gadigger81

gadigger81

Apr 12, 2011
Trion, Ga
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATP
Gary66 said:
Need new boots?

I'm sorry but you wouldn't have been safe in a car with that thing trying to bite thru.... lol

Need new boots and a car! :laughing7:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
I live in callahan florida -- a 7 foot 3 in eastern diamond back rattler is not hard to believe at all --since 6 ft long --big around as your forearm (18 inch dia) sized eastern diamondbacks are quite common in the area where I live at (* nassau county is right nest to duval county )--jacksonville and duval county are in effect "one in the same"-- plup wood logging is the main "bussiness" of nassau county thus we have got a lot of "woods" --pine tree plantations were the wild animals of all types live. -- snakes , deer , wild hogs, gators --you name it.

uh forget the 22 -- 12 gauge (full choke) with #6 small game shot . blow the whole head off .

OP
OP
gadigger81

gadigger81

Apr 12, 2011
Trion, Ga
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATP
ivan salis said:
I live in callahan florida -- a 7 foot 3 in eastern diamond back rattler is not hard to believe at all --since 6 ft long --big around as your forearm (18 inch dia) sized eastern diamondbacks are quite common in the area where I live at (* nassau county is right nest to duval county )--jacksonville and duval county are in effect "one in the same"-- plup wood logging is the main "bussiness" of nassau county thus we have got a lot of "woods" --pine tree plantations were the wild animals of all types live. -- snakes , deer , wild hogs, gators --you name it.

uh forget the 22 -- 12 gauge (full choke) with #6 small game shot . blow the whole head off .

I've been lucky so far, I haven't seen any rattlesnakes around my property. I live at the foot of the mountain and I know they are around. I haven't even seen a copporhead. Plenty of king snakes though. I reckon them king snakes are keeping the others ran off. I hear you though on the 12 gauge! :laughing7:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My "Snakalater."

Attachments

• Snakealator.jpg
    Snakealator.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 301

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that a +P Hydrashok and a Snakeshot in that cylinder?

Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread