Little Road Trip Today

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to a branch of BOA here in town yesterday and asked for Halfs. The vault teller said she had $600.00, how much would I like. I had just picked up my normal weekly box and had about $100.00 on me so that is what I took. I already posted the results from the weekly box; however, today was a bit more interesting. I went back to the BOA branch today and picked up the remaining $500.00 in halves. Out of the $100 yesterday, all were in older wrappers and each wrapper had the same denomination in it with all of the coins facing the same way. All of these wrappers were old and came from a company in MA. So thinking that a widow had turned in her husbands stash of coins I brought the remaining ones today. I decided to take my son out to lunch after work and spend some quality time with him. I pocketed about $300.00 out of the safe and we proceeded to lunch. After lunch I asked him if he would like to take a road trip, bear in mind, he has helped open countless rolls of halves so he already knew what a "Road Trip" was. At any rate we stopped at another BOA about 40 miles away from the one I previously bought the halves from. They had $100.00 dollars in wrappers. As I was leaving with them, this quite blond asked me if I wanted to buy the 11 dollars in halves that she had that was loose in her tray. Of course I did. Got out to the truck and found that one of the 22 was a 1969 :hello2:.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
FreedomUIC

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got home and started unwrapping what we had found. I was hoping that with all of the wrappers having mostly the same year coins in them that I might hit a good one. First roll that I unwrapped was also a first for me. Fifteen Silver 40% and 5 90%. Boy was my son made :laughing7:

After spending the next hour or so unwrapping the $600.00 in halves, we found nothing else except the above mentioned silver and about four hours of being with my son.

Total take today.

15 40%
5 90% (All Kens)

Happy HH

EastKyMiner

Apr 16, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, White's XLT, Garrett GTA 500,Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good score FreedomUIC, and time well spent with your son :thumbsup:
HH..Miner

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got to love those type of rolls. Best part is spending time with your baby. I am picking up my granddaughter in the morning and taking her to a carnival. Can't wait.

HSH,

apush :read2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions