Little Silver For The Slump

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENT: E-Trac

FORMER:Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pinpointer Pro Garrett GTAx 1000, Ace 250

HAVE USED: Teknetics & Bounty Hunters

WANT TO TRY: Tesoro and White's someday
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,

Have not been on for awhile. The finds are getting to be like wringing lemonade from a dry shirt. What follows took me a few weekends, sadly...oh well. The old park I like is only giving up falling branches and mosquitoes and holding the goods for some sort of ransom. Shame on her. This weekend was somewhat salvaged with the little silver ring. Found it in a volleyball sand pit. I spied a large one and people were playing a game, so I came back later...sun was setting, I figured the park would be almost empty...yes...I walked up to the 'empty' pit only to have a group of about seven kids appear out of nowhere to...............play volleyball. So, I had to wait...AGAIN! Finally, they got bored from burying each other in the sand(not a serious game I guess) and left. Kids.

That's it. I also included a pic of the fireworks I saw. Where I was you didn't have to venture downtown and suffer the traffic, just walk down the street and cop a view over the trees a little. There's a country club a few blocks away...lots of rich people I guess, but their display trumps the city's by a long shot...and it's almost right in the front yard. It's really cool, because after the finally you can hear from blocks away all the cheers, hoots and hollers...it's chilling really.

Hope you all had a great 4th.

GL & HH

Attachments

• IMG_4684.JPG
    IMG_4684.JPG
    941.2 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_4707.JPG
    IMG_4707.JPG
    935.8 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_4709.JPG
    IMG_4709.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_4710.JPG
    IMG_4710.JPG
    106 KB · Views: 87
Upvote 9

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice little ring and good shot of the fireworks!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the nice assortment of finds. :thumbsup: If the park has been picked clean, it's time to get up some courage and do some door knocking on older home sites. You will find better quality of coins on virgin private properties. Last season I went all over in a 40 mile radius of my house cleaning out all parks, schools, sports fields, and other public properties. I loved a great clad haul day and the occasional silver. I swung fast and pulled a little over $510.00 (face value). This year I have slowed down and do more permissions. The total dollars I find has decreased, but the quality of coins has increased. A typical weekend last year would net about $20 in clad. This year I am lucky to pull $5 on a weekend.

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jarl, Great story and congrats on the nice sterling ring. I dig EVERY signal in volleyball pits, iron and all, and have been surprised with tiny gold and sterling earrings. Now, the 10-15 foot radius around the outside edge of the pit is where the rings and things are also, as the players throw their bags, jackets, etc...there. Stuff spills out. Best of luck, Sub 8-)

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice silver ring save there Jarl !! :occasion14: Glad you finally got to hunt that spot ! Keep on digging brother !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions