little silver in old park..

Pudsbrat

Aug 21, 2004
Mena Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250,Garrett ProPointer....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was at the local park in the center of town enjoying the warm afternoon sun when I was spotted by a detecting buddy of mine and he came over to shoot the bull for a while and see what I found...hadnt found much so we chatted for a few and he said he had to go so he left and I went back to hunting....about 10 or 15 minutes later I got a call and it was Mark, the one who had just left...telling me that he was headed back to the park with his Ace 150....so we hunted awhile and we were not finding much except clad and then it hit...got a killer signal near a huge 100+ year old tree...dug down about 3"and hit a root the same diameter as my wrist...knew the signal had to be under it so I gently started working around it and wham...1940D merc...in about XF or so...absolutely beautiful....gorgeous...hollered at Mark and he came over and we both did a high 5 and a quick chicken dance....that was the best of the day...also found a memorial penny that had apparently been put on the railroad track and flattened...well see ya later ...keep the coil to the soil and hunt out those good ones.... :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread