Livin Large!

djm of PA

Jun 11, 2010
Carsonville, PA
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac and White's Classic 4
Livin' Large!

The only thing better than knocking on a stranger's door and getting permission to detect is having a stranger flag you down and say "hey wanna do my place?"!
That is exactly what happened last weekend at a local park. DK and Jeff had just left but I stuck around for a little bit. Ended up showing two young kids my finds and they were excited as all heck when I gave them each a wheat penny. I introduced myself to their mother and was on my way. While driving down the hill, the mother flagged me down and handed me her card and said she would welcome me at her place anytime.....5 acres..built in 1789 and plenty of indian artifacts found on it after heavy rains. I told her I would call her and I tucked the card away. Turns out she lives about 20 minutes from me and the wife was going that way to get her nails done today, so I had her drop me off, after calling and letting her know I was coming over. Not feeling very well, I figured it would be nothing but a bust, but hit a wheat penny, 1944 after a minute. 5 minutes later after digging some clad I hit the 1929 merc at about 1/2 of an inch. Not more than 4 feet away I got a penny signal at 3 inches and figured another wheat. Imagine my surprise when an 1847 large popped out of the hole! My second ever....the last one right around a year ago. Finished up a half hour later with $1.34 gas rebate, wheat, merc, largie, key with PA resident's name on it, dog tag, motorcraft oil/gas cap, small locket with pic in it and some junk. I will surely be going back to that yard!!

Attachments

• DSC_0343.jpg
    DSC_0343.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 565
  • DSC_0341_renamed_15779.jpg
    DSC_0341_renamed_15779.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 570
  • DSC_0342_renamed_27210.jpg
    DSC_0342_renamed_27210.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 562
Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Livin' Large!

Sounds like an awsome site :thumbsup:

Congrats on the Large Cent too

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other

Looks to me you got yerself a nice little HONEY HOLE ALL TO YERSELF!Best of luck to you mate.

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other

Cool Finds and story!
Nice Coppa and '29 merc, the year of the big crash.
'Spare a dime Brother?' :thumbsup:

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Being nice paid off. Congrats on the largie!!!

aquachigger

Jul 29, 2008
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Very nice finds. I'm glad to hear your kindness was returned. Should be plenty more there to keep you busy!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread