Living Small in America!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Living Small in America: Why small men are tough fellas........

I’m 52 years old, 5’ 8” and 135 pounds, and yet I’m possibly the toughest man in America. Sure, go ahead and laugh, make a few short jokes, I assure you, I can take it because I’m use to it. You see, this, among other things, is what’s made me so tough. Now I know what you’re thinking, but before you pass judgement on me let you give you a little history in regards to what it’s really like to be a small man in America. Perhaps, after I explain some of it to you, you just might rethink things. So here we go……

First, a small man can’t get small clothes in the men’s section of Superstores, no Sir, they just refuse to accept the fact that small men live in America. Now I know you bigger fellows have no idea what it’s like to have to go to the beach wearing a pair Sponge Bob swimming britches but let me tell you, it ain’t no picnic. Why just last week a lifeguard gave me a twenty minute timeout for going past the kiddy rope. And a couple of days before that I got sand in my eye and some lady came running up to me and she asked me if I needed help finding my mother. And it only got worse from there, when I told her my mother was dead, damn if she didn’t call child services on me. I’ve got a 35 pound half lab/half beagle at home that’s buried me in the back yard twice! Thinks I’m one of those damn squeaky toys, grabs hold of me and shakes the living tar out of me whenever she’s in a playful mood. It’s all I can do to keep my teeth and eyes in my head, still not sure if it’s my spit or the dog’s slobber that goes flying everywhere. Tough, you bet, and you ain’t heard the half of it. I got a size 6 ½ foot. Purple dinosaurs that light up when you walk, enough said!

I was hunting a school yard about six months back and two of the grade school bullies tried to take my lunch money. I spent two hours in the Principle’s Office before my lawyer finally showed up with a copy of my birth certificate. My user name on this forum is Bigscoop and that’s because, well, even the small ones are. I went to the beach the other day with my Excall, and some old man saw me in my Sponge Bob swimming britches, purple dinosaurs, and Ninja Turtle T-shirt, and he walked on over to me and he started telling me, “Hey little fella, I think I saw Darth Vader over there….” Then he patted me on the head and went about his merry way. Imagine his surprise when those two Tazer needles hit him right square in the as#. The only reason I didn’t pick my butt up off the sand to go around or two with his wife was account of her old age. Cost me $800.00 to get that front tooth reset. For an old gal she sure could swing that cane. Am I tough enough? You bet!

If I go into a restaurant to eat it’s automatic, kiddy menu and a high chair, one of those kiddy place-mats and a couple of crayons, “Here you go,” they always say with a smile, “this should keep you busy until your parents get to the table.” On more then one occasion I’ve been known to start a food fight. Obviously, I buy small vehicles, a State Trooper pulled me over the other day and he spent twenty minutes looking for the guy with the remote control. I went to the Library of Congress to do some intensive treasure research and after an inquiry and a several minutes of waiting the receptionist came back with copies of Treasure Island and Captain Hook. And I could go on and on. Yep, living small in America has made me one tough son-of-a-gun, real tough.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:sign10: :sign10: :sign10: OMG I laughed til I cried, great story!!!! Red

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Son-of-a-gun: Did you call your dad Pop Gun or Big Shot?

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well bigscoop, that was the best thing I've read in a while. I'm 6 ft. (6-2 with my boots on) but only a 150 pounds. I can get shirts, but I can't find pants that fit me, cause my inseam number is bigger than my waist number. (I think that's the way God intended it to be) I will vouch for little guys bein tough. The worst guy I ever got a hold of was a little guy, and I thought it would be an easy arrest, but that was like tangling with a rabid bobcat. I just wanted to shake him loose and get him off of me, and it took two other officers to help me do that. Not a bad guy by any means, but just a little too fueled up on alcohol. But I would think twice about picking a fight with a little guy. They probably believe they're fighting for their lives so their heart is in it, I guess.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I turned 50 the neighborhood threw me a baby shower. Nice folks. They even took me white water rafting down at the local creek. Took part in one of those mountainmen reenactments once, darn owl mistook me for a ground squirrel on account of the coon skin hat. Local fire department had a real ball with that one, looking up at me yelling things like, "Look whoooos stuck in the tree!" But I did learn one thing; if you're a small man and you ever find yourself standing in the middle of a grassy field wearing a bunch of brown fur, if you start choking for godsake don't raise your hands to your mouth. Darn predators will find you right fricking now!

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alright stop it. Give me a couple of days to catch up laughin. You're alright, hoss.

miller433

Jun 29, 2010
N.E. Indiana
Detector(s) used
Excaliber 800, Soveriegn GT, Garrett 1500, Garrett Ace
Imagine MDing with this guy. "Oh, it's so cute you and your son spend quality time together!" "Are you sure it's safe for your son to be in the deep water." And then when we have to go to the store to get him something, I have to stand there in the kiddie dept. while he tries on shoes or clothes so the store clerks will leave him alone. It's not all bad though, when you get him through all the red tape and we go to a bar, he's quite the babe magnet. I laugh all night long as the girls walk by pinching his cheeks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread