Lo-Hud. Spring/Summer Hunt

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Bone Valley, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have always wanted to hunt this location, but never have even though its 3 miles from my home. Maybe its do to the immense size of the location. This location was formally an institution for the physically and the mentally disabled, that has long been abandoned, at least in one town that it encompasses and its slowly decaying.

".... As the law provides that we are to care for epileptic and feeble-minded persons, and as the training for both is along similar lines, it has been thought advisable to classify both feeble-minded and epileptics into groups, separating them only with distinct and suitable buildings ..... Excerpt from the Year 1912 by Charles S. Little - Superintendent of ______ Village"

"Opening its doors in 1911, _____ Village was an institution providing care for the most physically and mentally challenged. Although initially a success, the 2,362 acre facility soon began to harbor secrets unimaginable to the outside world. Taking place behind closed doors in any one of the 130 buildings were instances of rape, torture, neglect, and murder.

Not only were the patients abused, but relations between staff deteriorated so far that reconstructed power dynamics began to arise. Over its 85 years in operation, there were multiple cases of staff members being raped.

Funding dried up while the institution’s population expanded in the 1970s. The staff on hand was not able to care for the patients at the level they required. Many times children were found roaming the buildings naked and covered in feces. Come meal time, those who could not feed themselves relied on the nurses. There are many cases where patients choked to death at the hands of the staff member forcing food down their throats. During most of this time there were only two or three nurses for every 80+ patients.

Early Polio vaccines were tested on children at _____ Village. When the first little boy didn’t die after being injected with Hilary Koprowski’s live-virus vaccine, they administered the concoction to 19 other children."

V1.jpg
V2.jpg
V3.jpg
V4.jpg

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I for one would definitely be interested in this * and any other hunts you have in mind since you seem to have access to some highly interesting locations. I don't mind
traveling a distance for a good hunting opportunity. This place also would be cool to hunt for the creepy factor as well.

Please keep me posted on this and others, you can PM anytime, and thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread