Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep there are a few. FMDC and can't remember the other one. Should be mentioned here on TNet some where,

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lobbyists costs huge $$$. We don't have enough unity to raise the funds to buy truly effective lobbyists.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Ffighter 14, As missbeepbeep says, the FMDAC is such an entity.

The trouble is, that ....... unlike the NRA type of size organization for lobbying/solidarity, metal detecting is a niche hobby, with small #'s. So you simply do not have the #'s to gather the type $ to do the scales of work that something like the NRA, or teacher's unions, etc... have. Our ranks and #s are just too small, as a hobby.

But just curious where you came up with this notion that "new restrictions" are upon us? To my knowledge, there is no "new restrictions" at state or fed. levels? Can you cite some new restriction that is causing you to worry? There's no shortage of places to detect at, as a look at the "finds" forums will show.

And the best method, by-the-way, to stop any new restrictions from coming down the pike is not necessarily FMDAC anyhow. Yes they might be effective at fighting some existing rule. But as for PRE-EMPTIVE moves (to stop new ones from coming down the pike), it's often the exact opposite of the knee-jerk reaction, to keep them at bay. Ie.: rather than MORE publicity and visibility, it's actually LESS visibility and publicity and attention that we need. The less people think about you and me, the better.

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

ffighter14

Dec 13, 2013
Long Island New York
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im sorry if I made a mistake as far as new restrictions go. Im just getting into the hobby and don't even have a detector yet. Ive been doing a lot of reading and was under the impression that was new laws and restrictions were an ongoing problem with the hobby.Sorry for the error.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread