70.4 KB · Views: 502
OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Sorry but no. I hate putting them in a pot of boiling water, they fight a little and it freaks me out. The grille toss him on, close the cover, walk away. It's easier on the heart. I am an animal lover also.

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok, all I have to say is yum!!! Until I read about closing the pit and walking away. I don't know if I would rather be dumped in boiling water or die from smoke inhalation and a slow flame. Some one needs to research this and find out which way is more humane.
What am I talking about?? I don't feel sorry for that cow when I am eating steak but then again its already dead when I get it and I would hate things to go to waste. Okay argument with myself settled. Its ok to eat lobster or what ever else as long as Its dead when I get it. No, wait that doesn't work either since I hunt and fish. Ah never mind, I am suddenly hungry gotta go get some lunch. ;)

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
blurr said:
CarolinaDigs said:
Is he dead country girl when you put him on the grill ?? I am happy for you but sad for the lobster :'( lol

Oooooooh, glad I already ate some of him, that is just wrong! I'll stick with closing the cover and walking away.

By the way I makes sure the grille is way hot before I put him in there. 500 degrees minimum, then turn it down. Man now I feel mean. But I was hungry!

http://www.cooking-lobster.com/cooking-lobster/lobster-killing.html

;DHE,HE,HE.

John

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know if I can handle seeing all this food. . . I just drove back from Wisconsin and haven't eaten since 10AM.
That looks great!

watercolor

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
I was reviewing all the rules, regs, etc for this site and it says when a member shows pics of food, he/she is obligated to provide a "like" dish to all who reply to this topic ;D

CarolinaDigs

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
North Carolina
COUNTRY GIRL said:
blurr said:
CarolinaDigs said:
Is he dead country girl when you put him on the grill ?? I am happy for you but sad for the lobster :'( lol

Oooooooh, glad I already ate some of him, that is just wrong! I'll stick with closing the cover and walking away.

By the way I makes sure the grille is way hot before I put him in there. 500 degrees minimum, then turn it down. Man now I feel mean. But I was hungry!

LOL CG I love steak and lobster LOL But have never cooked one myself. Blur is really being mean ;D LOL

;DHE,HE,HE.

John

blurr

Jun 7, 2006
Minnesota
CarolinaDigs said:
COUNTRY GIRL said:
blurr said:
CarolinaDigs said:

LOL CG I love steak and lobster LOL But have never cooked one myself. Blur is really being mean ;D LOL

;DHE,HE,HE.

John

Not really, just wanted to show how to sever the spinal cord as to not cause the giant "bug" any undue pain. Actually, you should have to kill all your food it makes you tough!!! :D :D :D

John

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Looks like a Siuslaw river crawdad to me...

Hey, is there a difference in taste between the BBQ and boiling water?

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Jeffro said:
Looks like a Siuslaw river crawdad to me...

Hey, is there a difference in taste between the BBQ and boiling water?

Actually no the taste is the same. There is so much water inside the lobster it steams itself. When they are close to done the tail seperates from the body and the water drains out. I give it another 10 min before I shut the grille off to let it cool. It's actually easier to bust up cooked this way. The only down fall is if you like the little legs, they get crunchy.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
LOL once again I find myself wishing I lived closer to Country Girl! Surely we are long lost sisters or atleast cousins! :D

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Nick Papageorgio said:
OK country girl...

I guess it's time to bring out the big guns... ;) :D ;D

You just wait...HHHHHMMMMM maybe I can convince Mama to whip up some Involtini...

JUST KIDDING...the grill is the best I do the same thing...

YUMMY...

Nick

Bring it on Nick! What's Involtini?

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
NICK! sheeeesh he is at it again!! lol Yep....we need a "droolin for dinner photo" forum already! That photo belongs on the cover of some fattening magazine! ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread