Local CHASE Banks Had A Meeting About Me

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I went in today to the teller that is always rude to me. Apparently last evening they had a meeting in a town about 45min away and discussed what I do. I am no longer allowed to bring in large amounts of change for deposit or to cash. I also cannot withdrawal change either. This is one hell of a joke in my book. All of the local branches know exactly who I am.

The only positive about it was that one of the tellers at another one of their branches said that one of her family members runs local arcades and vending machines. We talked for a while about eBay, etc., and she said that if an opening comes up for someone to run routes to get the change / stock the machines that she would have them give me a call :)

Talk about a great job for a coin roll hunter, haha, basically getting paid a salary to do what I already do everyday anyways... hmmm...

But still.... stupid lady at that one branch... grrr... I guess all of the branches have some beef with me, but she is the only one that is rude to me about it.

Oh well, life shall go on...

Upvote 0

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wait a minute...

Is this the same chain that you called customer service on? And they said you could deposit or buy as much as you want? How can the local branches override what corporate says? I'd find out who you spoke with on the phone and inform them of this development. Unless you'd just rather not go back. Don't they have better things to do than bother with this trivial crap! >:(

Sorry this happened for you Brian.

OP
OP
bazinga

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I do have an account at chase that I use on a daily basis, not just for coins.

I have never spoken with somebody that is higher up than the local branches on the phone. I have just been getting coin at the local main branch and depositing it at other branches at random, not loading one up. I also deposit it at other Chase banks outside of town when I travel and also at other banks as well that aren't affilliated with Chase.

Grrrrr...

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
who did you speak to that told you this? i would look into it further and speak either to the branch manager, if you get the runaround there, the regional manager and just keep going up untill you get some satisfaction.i dont believe ( but im not 100% sure) that they are allowed to do this.

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
I agree, call corporate headquarters and be firm but nice. Ask to register a complaint. I had the same thing happen to me the other day at Comcast. It was resolved in my favor. ;D

OP
OP
bazinga

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The lady that has always been rude with me is the Assistant Manager. When they told me that they wouldn't take my money (although they did take two checks from me for deposit that totalled $178.67) I asked for a # that I could contact somebody that their main headquarters and they stammered for a second and then the Branch Manager came and spoke with me. At least he was pleasant about it, though. Then I went to the main branch in town and asked if I was still allowed to withdrawal from my account and she said that I could withdrawal, just no more coin. She then went on telling me about the meeting that they had where everybody was questioning someone coming in and dropping off large amounts of change and wondering where I was getting it from, even though I had told them ALL where I was getting it and not trying to hide anything.

I just wish I could find some kind of document that says that they can't do this. Anyone have any ideas?

Paul in WA

Oct 22, 2005
Washington State
Detector(s) used
DFX
Call the Corporate headquarters. I spoke to a friend of mine that works at Bank of America, and she said what I pretty much already knew. Individual branches, or areas are not allowed to make thier own rules, and chances are that there was most likely no meeting. Large corporations don't spend money on meetings about some guy bringing in too much change. Tomorrow, try going in and depositing your change rolls into your account and see what happens.

paul

OP
OP
bazinga

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Paul in WA said:
Call the Corporate headquarters. I spoke to a friend of mine that works at Bank of America, and she said what I pretty much already knew. Individual branches, or areas are not allowed to make thier own rules, and chances are that there was most likely no meeting. Large corporations don't spend money on meetings about some guy bringing in too much change. Tomorrow, try going in and depositing your change rolls into your account and see what happens.

paul

I tried to deposit my coins today and they said no to me. They were all rolled up and everything, but they just don't allow it they said.

Paul in WA

Oct 22, 2005
Washington State
Detector(s) used
DFX
Sounds like maybe it's time to think about calling an attorney. This is discrimination, plain & simple. I would imagine if someone else went in with $100 in 20's, and $50 in quarters, they would allow it. I'm telling you, this is not legal!

Paul

OP
OP
bazinga

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They state their reasoning for this because they order coin from a bank out of Indianapolis and when they get coin in they ship it out to Indianapolis instead of just keeping it. They say I cost them too much money. But if they are talking with other banks about me, then why not just send the change to the main branch with the huge basement vault since they state that their vault is not large enough to hold it all.

I'm going to try to talk my friend (cute, young college girl) into going into that branch tomorrow or Friday with $20 in nickels and see how they react to it. She has an account there as well and a mini tape recorder and we can see what they say to her.

Z

ZumbroKid

Wrong plan there guy, if you get your friends to go, they will get tired of it. Get the newspaper or a tv crew to go and watch them turn down american money! This is a nice scoop for the ratings for the news. Also might make this bank rethink things real fast.

Z

ZumbroKid

Then there is plan B, which requires a cup, pair of sun glasses, and walking stick with a strip on the end. ;)

OP
OP
bazinga

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FreeTwoDtect said:
Wrong plan there guy, if you get your friends to go, they will get tired of it. Get the newspaper or a tv crew to go and watch them turn down american money! This is a nice scoop for the ratings for the news. Also might make this bank rethink things real fast.

Well I am just going to have her go in this week to test out their rules. They went on to say that nobody could bring in large amounts of change anymore, which is just insane in my book.

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
OK, first of all you need to look in the telephone book for the telephone number for the regional manager and speak with him or her. The bank can NOT refuse to take your coins. I told you that I had that happen to me by the bank manager and I reported her to her regional manager. I received a phone call from the regional manager saying that the bank manager knew she was wrong,would apologize and that I could bring in the coins.

Well, she hasn't apologized and I really don't want to hear BOO from her anyways. But I took coins in there today and they didn't say a thing to me. I'll tell you what, if you can't set this straight by speaking with a regional manager I would seek an attorney and sue the bank.

When you open a bank account they give you a bunch of papers about everything related to your account and what you can do,fees, and so forth. I spent on evening reading thru all of it and there is NOTHING in there that says large amounts of coins can not be deposited or cashed.

You certainly need to remind the regional manager that the bank is a financial instiution,coins are LEGAL tender, and it is illegal for them to refuse to accept them! It's that simple. That is exactly what I told the regional manager in a very calm voice. I also told them that as a financial instiution that they made the choice to ship coins out and pay a fee to do so, that is how they set up the business. Remind them that they are using your money in your account on a daily basis and that,this is one of the small perks allowed to you.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just took notice to a sign yesterday, at my local bank.

WE NO LONGER
ACCEPT ROLLED
COINS

They do have a counting machine, and apparently must
have been scammed, or received someones Dug coins :D

Z

ZumbroKid

No doubt they get ate up zinc cents. A guy in my home town brags about placing them in coin rolls. He also digs and leaves unfilled holes. He is the biggest squaker about people leaving holes unfilled. Myself i take the ate up ones and toss them in the trash.

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Definitely a Big Crock!
I'd just tell them if their bank can't fulfill my needs, I will do my banking elsewhere...
Good luck, & Happy hunting~

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
DID EVERYONE HEAR THAT?
I would move my account to a different bank in a heartbeat.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread