Local Courthouse Finds

Silver Saver

Mar 15, 2017
Center of North America
Detector(s) used
Etrac- Sunray x5, x8, x12. Garrett Carrot.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all! Spent about 7 hours hunting the local courthouse yesterday..I haven't spent a whole lot of time there because of my schedule and don't want to intrude during business hours, plus lack of rain. I've found lots of clad the few times I have been there though, and yesterday decided to start gridding the place to see if I could pop any oldies out. For the 1st 4 hours I was there I found nothing but clad, I'm thinking that area may have been hunted in the past or something, and I was just starting to think there weren't any oldies there then bam! Finally had a wheat penny pop out, followed by the next target being a wonderful silver! Ended with 6 wheaties(1947, 34d, 16, 15d, 10, 1x) and 2 Barber dimes! :D I love them Barbers. So thrilling to find silver, being old is just a plus. 6th Barber on the year so that is pretty cool to me.
20170724_045708.jpg 2 Barbers courthouse.jpg

Upvote 25

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that you know the old stuff is there I'm sure you'll be going back! Great hunting

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on those silver Barbers. They are always a welcome coin.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the nice old coins! :icon_thumleft:

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Two Barbers is really good. Congrats on the finds!

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome day! Any trouble getting permission to hunt there, or did you just go? I'm curious about the courthouses in my area and wondered how you went about that point.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
two barbers is pretty awesome. the courthouse thing depends on who you talk to etc. Also depends if someone else has left a mess and during business hours can't be good, someone always complains. great work gridding to find the good stuff!

OP
OP
Silver Saver

Silver Saver

Mar 15, 2017
Center of North America
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
two barbers is pretty awesome. the courthouse thing depends on who you talk to etc. Also depends if someone else has left a mess and during business hours can't be good, someone always complains. great work gridding to find the good stuff!
You're right, there are always complainers out there.

Awesome day! Any trouble getting permission to hunt there, or did you just go? I'm curious about the courthouses in my area and wondered how you went about that point.
I just went since it's a public place, after making sure there are no local or county laws against it of course. This is one place I've never had any trouble at while going to, but I do take a little more caution with my plugs while there. The 1st time I went there I had security check out what I was doing but then they just let me be. So no problems so far

Silvermonkey

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That was a seriously long hunt! My back and shoulder would be screaming. Congrats on the Barbers. I always get a big lift when I pop one of those out of the ground!

OP
OP
Silver Saver

Silver Saver

Mar 15, 2017
Center of North America
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was a seriously long hunt! My back and shoulder would be screaming. Congrats on the Barbers. I always get a big lift when I pop one of those out of the ground!
I love being able to get long hunts in like that, just because chances of pulling goodies are better. I do get a little sore but not too bad. Helps being young, 26 :)

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG on the Barber twins! Congrats on having the intestinal fortitude to hunt the court house...there's a detecting ban here (city parks), we can't even hunt our fairgrounds, and I'm sure if I stepped one foot on our court house lawn, 2 uniformed thugs would have me sprayed and tazed before I could say "itsafreecountry"...lol. Great finds Divine...Ddf

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same here We would be beat. and in the back seat!!! clubbed in the head and stuck on a metal bed .beat with a bar and hope yhr judge gives you an OR

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice, congrats on the Barbers

jalgier