Local Info Wanted about relocating to SW Colorado

EvoQ

Greenie
Nov 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am in the Long Process of Planning on relocating to somewhere in the South Western Part of Colorado. My ultimate Goal is to Buy as Much Land as I can afford and then go Off-Grid. I have been researching the areas of from Telluride, to Ouray, to Lake City, then Durango; somewhere in this overall area. I have been to Colorado and the San Juans a few times, I really luved the area. I want to buy some land sharing a boundary next to National Forest/BLM land so that I have views and freedom without any distracting neighbors as I want a mini Ranch with a few critters(sheep, Horse, Mules,chicks,etc.) eventually. I know this will be a long process and am looking forward to the journey so to speak. I full well know that this is not going to be easy and will be a hard process. I thought to post on here to get some Local's take on these above mentioned areas. I know Telluride is touristy now, but I don't want to be in close to town but want to be even up to an hour drives from town. I would luv to have as much acreage as I can afford but most likely 3-40 acres will probably be more than enough to take care of. That is one doesn't need 200 Acres if you share boundary with the Forest service or Wilderness area. If any locals can post up about these areas I surely would be thankful, offer some advice about the areas, or info and opinions are all welcomed and appreciated. Many...Thnxx and Have a Great 2013....I know I am Not looking back on 2012, but looking forward from now on !

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am your man! Durango, CO is my home town, and I owned and operated a real estate office and construction company there before the real estate market collapse. I can put you in touch with people who can show you around up there, so let me know if I can help. I am ramping up some major prospecting and treasure hunting in that area, so you would be welcome. I know of a patented mining claim of I believe 40 acres for $60K in the laplata Canyon if that is of interest as well. Please let me know if I can help you out in any way.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions