Local Park Finally Gives Up GOLD

stewielouie

May 14, 2012
Virginia
Detector(s) used
MXT, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been to this local park 3 times so far since it opened for swimming this summer, first time hit the sand area. found some clad, assorted junk but not alot of anything. Talked to a few of the lifeguards and they said a few people MD the beach occasionally. Came back several weeks later during a storm(so the beach was empty) hit the sand again, again nothing earthshattering... some clad and pull tabs. Decided while I was there to run the coil over some of the grass that seperates the beach from the fence. Loaded with signals. Dug for several hours between rain showers and dug 6.95 worth of clad. Went back a week later on my day off and dug only quarter signals, dime signals and the occasional nickel and ring signal. Dug 12.65 clad in about 4 1/2 hours. Ended up being crippled for 2 days from all the up and down digging all that coinage that day. Went back today when the gate opened and told myself I was going to only dig in the grass, and dig all the junk signals from foil to screwtops to quarters. Did that for several hours, nothing but a few pieces of change and lots of pulltabs. Decided to hit some sand for a change of pace for a little while, since it was empty and no one was there but myself. Picked a long straigh line about 6 feet off of the grass in the sand, hit this nice 14K bracelet, MD said it was VDI 0 foil. As soon as I hit the second sweep over the signal I could see it sticking out of the sand, I thought it was a hoop earring as I was reaching down for it. My first solid piece of gold since I got my MD this spring.
And my first post on T-Net! HH all!

Mark AKA Stewielouie

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 122
Upvote 2

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the gold......that will make a man (or lady) a happy camper.:laughing7:

nov2101

Jul 6, 2012
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i with 2x3" eclipse, 6" DD,12" DD & 12"Hot shot.
Minelab CTX 3030 with 6" DD. 11"& 17"
2@Vibebra pin point probes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW great job !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eagleforce

Mar 15, 2010
California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome gold strike!!!!. I have only found one gold braclet in my hunting career (2 years),. Those will get you some cash, especially the chunky ones. They are so low on the VDI its hard to find them.

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Grtz thats the 3rd bracelet ive seen posted in the last month....they all look the same must be popular lol

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome gold find. And welcome to tnet. Happy hunting.:icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread