DukeBoxer

Feb 3, 2017
CT
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Mojave and Compadre
Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently changed from using an AT Pro to a Tesoro Mojave and sometimes a Compadre. I found myself only chasing coins with the AT Pro and since the Moajve came out I've wanted to try it and see if i could detect by sound only and dig more targets and hopefully more jewelry. I set it at the "I" in iron and swing away and I dig every solid repeatable target. I've dug some neat things doing that, stuff I don't think i would've otherwise dug using the AT Pro. Yesterday I went to a local park that used to be a house with a big field. My father said he used to cut hay there. I walked around in between baseball fields and got a soft but solid tone and dug a plug. I started checking with the pinpointer and saw a dime sized coin. I wiped the dirt away to see what it was and I saw a wreath on the back and knew I had something good. 1893 Barber, my first ever Barber! Then I was walking back towards the car and got a signal that I dug out and when I checked the plug the signal wasn't the same strong beep, it kind of broke up and I had been noticing that when it did that it was usually trash, can slaw or something else. But since I always have been checking since I already dug it I popped out a sterling earring of some sort. Today I went back for a couple hours and was concentrating on the area where I got the Barber and then I just started wandering. I got a nice signal, dug the plug and checked and the signal wasn't as strong again. I said maybe trash but let me check and then I pull out a ring, perfectly clean, heavy with the center kind of hammered. My heart starts pumping and I start checking the inside for marks and I don't see anything. I thought, damn this thing is too nice to not have any marks so I start looking at the edges to see if anything was chipping away. Nothing. Then I go back to the inside and start turning it around in my fingers. There's a speck of dirt in there so i wipe it away and there it was, 18K. SWEET!! My first gold ever. I came home to weigh it and it weighs in at 9.9 grams! Here are some pics of the goods!

IMG_20180328_173404.jpg
IMG_20180328_173421.jpg
IMG_20180328_180139_01~2.jpg
IMG_20180329_144006.jpg
IMG_20180329_144022_2.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Upvote 23

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job. I love my Tesoros. They are absolutely great relic machines.

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
DUKE THAT BEATS THE BAKED BEANS , NICE FINDS.

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well done!!! 🙌 Great score on the ring!

OP
OP
D

DukeBoxer

Feb 3, 2017
CT
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Mojave and Compadre
Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone!

Smokey, since I picked up the Mojave I think I used the AT Pro once and now I don't think I'd ever go back for park and field hunting. Maybe going into water since the Tesoros aren't waterproof but I'm more than happy with the Mojave. I bought it used, but for $250 brand new and a lifetime warranty this is an amazing detector!! It just paid for itself today, and for the used Compadre I bought a couple weeks ago

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Tesoro machines are a welcome tool in anyone's arsenal!

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very impressive finds. Congratulations! :occasion14:

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds! Congratulations :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread