Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
This is actually a combination of two hunts since I never get long periods to hunt. The first copper I found yesterday at my old 1670 church site. Man I love that place - here's the copper just out ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1456361620.007748.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1456361631.159842.jpg
Turned out to be what looks like a classic head 1816
I also scored two Roosies and a couple do-dads including a silver chain and cool pin.

Today's hunt was a quick 20 minutes at a local park. Figured I would score a few modern silver coins since all my colonial spots have dried up. I locked on a nice 12-45 and out pops a copper. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1456361740.031716.jpg

Turned out to be an 1830, which is pretty damn cool since the oldest coin I've pulled out of this park prior was a 1889 seated. Needless to say when you're going for modern silver and score a large cent it's a nice surprise. What a nasty afternoon to hunt ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1456361871.813724.jpg

I scored a couple more goodies including a Washington q and an emerald ring.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1456361919.587178.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1456361929.207273.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1456361937.811597.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1456362043.912636.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1456362054.368077.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1456362064.222700.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1456362074.061155.jpg

The coppers were roach city but I don't mind. They look great in a big pile in my display with the clean ones on top;)

Keep on digging

Steve

Upvote 27
OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like parks are getting more popular all the time. Nice coppers:icon_thumright:
Thanks OD. I usually save parks for when my permissions run out but in parks potential is endless.
That's some healthy Looking stuff scrappy. My parks around here give up lc from time to time. I have that same ring

HH Jer

Steve,

A couple of good scores for your efforts.

Regards + HH

Bill

Thanks Bill. The coin gods appreciated my effort in the rain and gave me a copper

Nice finds Scrappy. Coppers, silver and an emerald ring! Wow
Much appreciated Todd. Thanks for looking
Large coppers, Silvers, and a cool looking ring.
Busy hunt.
Congrats

Thanks man. The wife got the ring;)

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I think the emeralds look more like Peridot...

Awesome digs... Thunder and lighting over me right now... Thats gotta mean spring is coming, right?!?!?!

No! No they are not!! Lol. I already told the wife they were emeralds...

After this post and some thought I figured emeralds wouldn't be set in sterling. Thanks for the stone ID

PaDirtDigger

Feb 2, 2015
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
White's XLT (2), Garrett Ace 250, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hahaha... Keep that secret here on the Net then... Awesome ring in any case!!
Im hoping for any ring with any real stone in it this year!!! :occasion14:

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah yes! And what a lovely shade of grrrrreen 'tis!

WTG!

Isaac

Oct 11, 2013
Fairfax, Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT All Pro, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice silvers and coppers. Love when surprises like that happen. HH

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on digging all those keepers. :occasion14: How deep were those LC's Steve? The oldest coin I pulled from a park was a 1907 Indian Head.
Those LC's were 6-7" each, the signals weren't crisp and sort of funky but that's the signals I like to dig.
Nice finds, Steve. Congrats.
Thx for taking a look John
Good job steve, nothing like a large cent surprise

Chris you could have given me ten guesses what it was and I would not have guessed a Large Cent from that park. Lol

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice coppers, silver's and ring! Congrats!

Looks like a channel birthstone ring....if you told her it's emerald we'll go with that :D

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Nothing like a surprise LC.... actually surprise GWs are better :laughing7: Awesome two hunts man :thumbsup: Great job on the coppers, silvers, chain and ring.
Surprise GW's are better! Lol I enjoy coins but after you posted your hunt the other day I've been craving relics! I have several permissions coming to fruition that may offer a 'lol bit of that.
Great Scrappy. What are the copper coins? They look like the coins i usually find. And the pinpointer looks like mine [emoji12]
Those are crusty gnarly beautiful United States Large Cents.
Congrats on some nice finds
Thanks man. But nothing compared to some of your recent finds;)

CladiatorMax

Nov 1, 2012
Garden Grove, California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II & Sovereign GT / Garrett Carrot / Stavr Scoops
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Nice finds. I know my attention is questionable but that auto member pin looks hella interesting. Congrats on the emerald ring as well. Thanks for sharing.

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Scrapster nice variety there man all the boys are coming out of the caves:headbang:
Wait until you see my idea come together for all my smoked coppers....:thumbsup:

~Blaze

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds buddy, your a good hunter!

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice digs steve I cant wait to get home and dig in dirt again
Floridas nice for a visit ...but to dig here year round ? Ill take the soil over sand. Cant wait for april see you soon. Hh gl
I thought you said March the other day on the phone?!?!
Padirtdigger is correct, I believe... peridot is the stone.

Very well done Scraps! Big coppers, jewelry and silver coins... yep, that's the stuff I like!

Best of luck to you, and I will see you in a few weeks!
Hey thx Tom. It'll be a good hunt with the Carolina boys. With Smittyman off the leash who knows what'll happen!
Looks like you had a couple of nice hunts Steve. Nice job.
Thanks TZ. Short and sweet hunts
Cool coppers, nice silver !!! I'm in a LC drought, anyway, keep them coming !! Congrats and HH
LC's are like beautiful women. They come at you all at the same time, lol. I had quite a drought of them last year. Found about 10 coppers and no LC's amongst them
Looks like you scored some nice finds. Although most are toasted when they come out of the ground around here it's great when you get that unexpected surprise. 2 LC's, a Barber dime, emerald ring and other goodies. I'd say you did quite well. Works for me.
Thanks Don. It's been a while since an unexpected surprise - hopefully I'm about due for a stellar LC
Way to go Steve. I can see the wreath on the back of that copper so all is not lost on the details.
Thanks Coily. The wreath was the first thing I spotted on both. Then the "O" in "one cent" always seems to survive somehow

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job buddy. Those toasty ones are just us paying our dues on the way to that next stunner. One of us will pull a super rare stunner in 2016. I'm talking stupid rare.
Just a quick story for you from your psychotic superstitious buddy. Kim picked out a new coffee table and sofa table last weekend. I went and picked them up today. They have these really cool old looking bolt heads on them. I looked closely at them and lo and behold they all have 88 on them. You know what that means brother lol

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had to show you. Yes I'm an idiot with some screws loose
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh Lord! Look out Ahab8 has it nailed!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is freakin sweet 1670s site I wish there was one of thos around here awesome job!!!!

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet finds as usual! That's a pretty cool emerald ring

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Ah yes! And what a lovely shade of grrrrreen 'tis!

WTG!
Ain't that something?! Thx for looking
Nice silvers and coppers. Love when surprises like that happen. HH
That's the beauty of our hobby. Anything can come out of that ground!
Nice coppers, silver's and ring! Congrats!

Looks like a channel birthstone ring....if you told her it's emerald we'll go with that :D
Thanks for looking miss beep
Nice finds. I know my attention is questionable but that auto member pin looks hella interesting. Congrats on the emerald ring as well. Thanks for sharing.
I need to look into that. I'll google it
Agreed. An ID makes it sweeter with those old field coppers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread