45.7 KB · Views: 880
  • bracelet.jpg
    bracelet.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 885
  • bracelet2.jpg
    bracelet2.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 884
Upvote 0
RRRRRRRR mate...I do believe that might be real gold there!Usually it would be GF or HGF(Hollow Gold Filled), let's see what the other T-netters have to say. FG maybe the hallmark?...would like to know for sure. Good find!

Found this with a Quick search

In the U.S., solid gold jewelry is marked with the purity and the hallmark (trademark) of the maker. So, for example, my wedding ring is marked "14K FG" which means it is 14 karat gold, made by Frederick Goldman, Inc. The maker's hallmark can usually be found by searching the US Patent and Trademark Office's trademark database (but the search will probably be tedious).

It is the equivalent of 14 Kt gold. 24 kt is considered pure gold and if you take 14 and divide it by 24 you get .583

I hope that helps.

Update:

Next you will need to separate your gold into different piles by karats. So all the 24 karat gold in one pile and all the 18 karat in another and so on and so forth.

Now you will have to figure out how much your gold weighs. If you have a jewelers scale then it will be easy but most of us don’t have one of those laying around the house. You can use any scale that uses grams and convert it to pennyweights. 1.5 grams = 1 pennyweight and and 1 kitchen ounce = 18.23 pennyweights.

Then you will have to multiply each pile by one of the following values:

Karat | Percent

24 100%

22 91.7%

18 75%

14 58.3%

12 50%

8 33.3%

6 25%

1 4.2%

Expect that the jeweler or dealer will try to keep anywhere from 10-30% of the value for himself. The price will also depend on how much you are selling. Hopefully you will be able to negotiate the price in your favor with a strong knowledge of what the piece is actually worth. It will also make it easier to compare different appraisals.

FG' Fools Gold. Just kiddin, I have no idea :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back