Local Property Finds

Alchemist

Feb 8, 2014
Badger State
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Platinum Pro w/11" coil, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202, Garret ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My boy is buddies with a kid that lives in a 1907 home that once served as a woodworking showroom. Corner house, right across the street from a long-time elementary school. Nice parents that were very open to me searching their property. Between the parents, neighbors and the kids, I sometimes had a small crowd around me while I work. Education hour, I guess, with all the Q&A taking place. I welcomed it. Anyways...

With the BHP set to dig coins, I found among the clad almost exclusively wheat cents when it came to anything of age. Wheats, wheats...26 total in the end (oldest 1920). Made me think the property was hunting of all the silver previously leaving the poor wheaties behind:BangHead:. I was becoming a little discouraged when as luck would have it one area of the yard had 3 silver FDR's ('46, '57, '64). So either people dropped only pennies in the day OR someone missed the dimes. I was happy either way. Other notables: about $6.30 in clad, cosmetic ring, a jack, WP&L token, weird 25 LOOK anniversary coin and a heart-drilled cent. Thanks for your time and good luck to everyone.

DSC07043.JPG DSC07048.jpg

Upvote 13

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on doing your part as an ambassador of the hobby. :thumbsup: I would believe that not much money was in the hands of the children who resided their long ago. That's a lot of pennies for sure. I have low expectations when I hunt. If I find a Wheatie it's a small victory, Heck you found 3 silver and 26 wheats, I'd say you had an awesome hunt. :occasion14:

Brother Al

Jul 23, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Three White's, one Fisher and a Minelab.....I'm beginning to wonder if I am a metal detectorist .....or a collector of metal detectors?
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on doing your part as an ambassador of the hobby. :thumbsup: I would believe that not much money was in the hands of the children who resided their long ago. That's a lot of pennies for sure. I have low expectations when I hunt. If I find a Wheatie it's a small victory, Heck you found 3 silver and 26 wheats, I'd say you had an awesome hunt. :occasion14:

Ditto from me also. As long as the kids don't reach for the hole as I am plunging the digger? Its great. Guys like you help to compensate for those (you know who you are, is.lurkers) who can't even replace a divot. God bless....

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
26 wheats and 3 silvers, man that's a great hunt, id go back and grid that place in the opposite
direction you walked from this hunt, you just might be surprised at the results
great hunt!

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt, congrats. I'd love to see some close up shots of the heart hole penny and the token especially. Tokens are sometimes as cool as rosies. (i like em anyhow)

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Fantastic hunt! Congratulations. It always pays to be nice to onlookers and curious children; promoting metal detecting goodwill.

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Congrats! That's a lot of wheats! I get excited if I find one!

Great job with the Q & A and showing the kids how it's done! Now that's gold!

You just may want to go back when there's fewer distractions and listen for those deep whispers, there is silver there somewhere!

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job, I enjoy showing the kids how the machine works.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread