Location of hidden Declaration of Independence

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
A pricless piece of American history is waiting for you to recover it. On July 4 1776 The Pine Creek Declaration of Independence was signed near Hersey Shore. It was placed in a heavy iron box and buried in the middle of the parade ground at Fort Horn. In 1778 the fort was burned in a Tory reprisal raid. In 1779 a search was made but it was not found.
Note: Fort Horn -1770 to 1778 Is located 4 mi. NE of Lock Haven on an elevated bend of the Susquehanna R. That is between Pine Station & McElhatten. You could probably name your own price for this, if the Feds. didn't grab it.

orion024

Jan 4, 2010
Can you get permission to metal detect there? :sign13: Frank'n you amaze me on your knowledge of Pennsylvania treasure and geography being that your from Maryland! :hello2:

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Orion 024 : I can see Pa. from where I live.
An old philosopher, I think it was Decartes said "I think therefore I am"

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Now for the bad news! After much post hunting & book searching it appears the area of search is covered by a junk yard and the target is iron. This is a worst case scenario. End of search for me!

ole_grisley

Nov 23, 2007
Lycomming Co Pa
Detector(s) used
treasure cove
where the junk yard is is right down from where ft horn stood and there is a marker there but it is at the base of the knoll (the fort stood at the top of the knoll) when the rail rd went through they cut right through the parade grounds it is believed . Slightly tilted and I have been all over the area there and have not found anything but it might have been buried in a wood box and sealed in pine pith or tar.so a detector would not pick it up.I did find what I feel was some of the stockade logs in the rail road bank where they cut through but they was well rotted too.to get there go past the junk yard and where the road turns left there is a small place to park and a trail going towards the river and rail road go down it and just before the rail road there is a marker on the left. the fort stood at the top of the rise just past the marker. good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread