Locations of every mine ever recorded - every commodity(gold, silver, etc.)

BobInFla

Oct 7, 2010
Leesburg, FL
Detector(s) used
1970's model Garrett Master Hunter, AT Pro
OP
OP
BobInFla

BobInFla

Oct 7, 2010
Leesburg, FL
Detector(s) used
You don't even have to do that much. If you click on the location ID number another page will open up to tell you about the mine. And on that page there is a link you can click and it will take you right to Google Earth.

OP
OP
BobInFla

BobInFla

Oct 7, 2010
Leesburg, FL
Detector(s) used
The only two data items that you have to enter are the State and the Commodity. There is also an international version of this same information.

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Neat site but not all-inclusive. Doesn't list any coal mines, oil wells, gas fields, or salt mines that are near me in Pa. But it does list gold and silver mines on the other side of the state from me...go figure.

Al

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is a neat site but sometimes clicking on the co-ordinates doesn't work properly and you have to copy and paste to Google Earth. It should be thought of as a guide, and a good one. I mean how many miners knew the GPS co-ords of their mine then? How many people know them of their house now? Still a great resource. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

OP
OP
BobInFla

BobInFla

Oct 7, 2010
Leesburg, FL
Detector(s) used
deepskyal, when you imput the commodity you want, it will only bring up those type of mines. Put in coal and you get coal mines, put in gold and you get gold mines, etc. At least it worked that way for me.

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
BobInFla said:
deepskyal, when you imput the commodity you want, it will only bring up those type of mines. Put in coal and you get coal mines, put in gold and you get gold mines, etc. At least it worked that way for me.

Yea, figured that much out. There are a lot of oddball mines that I never began to imagine were from this state. It's interesting to see what minerals have been taken from the state. It was just those very common and frequent mines that showed no results. That just baffeled me with all the coal mines in this state. Heck, they mined/processed arsenic in Pa. Who'd a thought? And it did show gold and silver as secondary products from quite a few mines in this state.

I like relic hunting... an old mine is still an old mine...worth detecting to me. :thumbsup:

Al

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions