Lode claim plans

trikeman72

Feb 12, 2013
Ok so I wanna pick some brains here since I have no one around me to ask or get input from.

I was thinking of selling my claim but happened across a guy thru his lawyer of the LLC in the NV UT areas buying claims near mine that is willing to do a 60/40 to him split of all minerals gained by running the tailings. Also option to JV or lease for future stuff or get on with his larger operations (wants to use small vsntures to help fund his larger ) He provides basically everything. The wave plant, loader, fuel for loader and generators to run everything, 2 rvs, wages for another guy, pretty much everything.
All I have to do is cover the bond for blm to allow us plan. He says bond should be minimal if any because we aren't taking anything off claim. The 300ton maybe more of tailings will turn into about 350-400 oz of "super cons" (gold rich hopefully) that we will smelt to dore bars (whatever a dore is) And further refine if desired ourselves.
The remaining 300ton of big rock pile we turned into 299.9 tons of pulverized rocks will go back to their respective shaft entrances they came from. So no degridaton to land is present cept for a shorter tailing pile.
Guess I'm just worried about all the right forms to fill out an send to blm and what the figure is to calculate what I'm goin to have to get to send blm to approve my plan. Etc etc.
Thanks for input it is appreciated!
Bill

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's a big move Bill. I would suggest you get some professional advice before proceeding.

Write a binding lease and let him get the permits. You risk much more than anything you would get from the tailings if you carry the bond. If he's serious he won't mind shouldering the risk of his own operations. Otherwise you could end up with the BLM fining you by the day for the cleanup he didn't do.

The size of the split is suspicious. It's a lot higher than usual. Owning a percent of the operation also means owning a split of the expenses. If the bills don't get paid the folks that are owed will come after you. You could end up broke for the rest of your life paying the expenses of someone else mining your claim.

Something smells about this and it isn't sage grouse. Please be careful.

Heavy Pans

OP
OP
trikeman72

trikeman72

Feb 12, 2013
Thanks for fast reply
See that's why I here. I don't know nearly enough to decide either way I want to make sure I don't screw myself like u were saying.
I don't have anyone to advise me around here I live in Ohio claim is in Nevada.
My first thought was hell yeah cuz I can't afford to get the equipment together let alone get it to the claim. That's my reason for thinking of selling it. Even if I go out and pulverize 300 tons of tailings myself like crap a bunc of money to manage that part. Then I have a but load of rock dust to refine. I live in Ohio. That's 2200 miles one way (drove it last year. Ugggghh) how do I refine it. Idk anyone out there to trust to do it and send me a check.
But today I thought wait a minute.
If I get 1/4oz per ton my share would be roughly 30oz. 30grand would damn near pay our house off!
But why wouldn't he just by my claim so he don't have to split profits ya know?
I told his a tourney I'd like to get 7 for it. Surely he didn't think I meant 7 million.
Why not pay 7k or even 10k. Own claim and do whatever ya know?

Like u was saying about paying for him not reclaiming or doing like plan says. I thought about trying to be on site the whole time to make sure the tailings are in fact out back and the mountainsides are back drug an nice looking not just a gaping void where rocks (tailings) used to gradually come down from shaft (adit I think) entrance know what I mean?
Idk I haven't officially done anything just talking to the guy. I have to get into my email and find name of that company. Maybe u heard of it or someone has.
Bill

OP
OP
trikeman72

trikeman72

Feb 12, 2013
The size of the split is suspicious. It's a lot higher than usual. Owning a percent of the operation also means owning a split of the expenses. If the bills don't get paid the folks that are owed will come after you. You could end up broke for the rest of your life paying the expenses of someone else mining your claim.

Heavy Pans
Well according to what he is saying. He pays for basically everything supplies plant and equipment. Gas fuel etc. I just have to submit a plan I action to blm saying we are going to sample a few ton of tailings sussing the value. (sussing no idea what that is either) and secure the bond if any. You sound like its a million bucks bond that scare me. I can't do that much anyhow so I'd be stuck anyways.
I'm hoping the blm will let me sample and since I'd be putting most of it back where it came from not hose me on havin a bond. But I can't see them letting me bring in a loadr and plant truck without freaking out about it either.

Bill

OP
OP
trikeman72

trikeman72

Feb 12, 2013
Id actually be making it better because I'd have to backdrag roads to fill in washouts etc. so they could get to it way easier to see I'm not tearin up nothing.
Yes I did have to drive my pt cruiser to claim last year and yes I made it to everywhere I wanted but let me tell u sage brush is not car paint job friendly. Looks like I drove thru 100 pised off mountain lions lol
But the tailing pile would still be there just wouldn't slope out as far
Still b able to get to entrance by foot. And I would only secure entrances with bat gates so they can still live in the ones their in.
Btw. That was a hilarious few hours!! Never seen bats like in the wild cept flyin round house. When u are in a 5' tall tunnel and they got a ball of bats hangin there and one just plops off and zips up to ur face and leaves before u have time to realize u just crapped urself he's gone!!
Oh dude. I coulda made a million off the urine video I'm sure. Lmao
That and the 4 legged furry thin with a bout a 6" on long tail that just wandered around Che kin us out. Never did figure it out. We just called it " the creature". Lol
Thanks for ur advice hopefully I get lots of replies to post I can use the info and guidance
Bill

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Your money risk isn't just limited to the amount of the bond. They can raise the bond or fine you for not following the plan whenever they like. There is no limit to the amount of money you could be liable for. If your new "partner" doesn't carry through you would be sitting back in Ohio watching the fines and fees pour in with no way to stop it.

I would also question the amount of gold produced. How are you going to know how much was mined? Why would you think such a relatively small tailings pile would have that much free gold? (300 tons isn't much in the world of mining) Have you had the tailings assessed by a mining engineer? Heck just the idea that someone is proposing running 300 tons across a wave table for a few ounces? Where is the water going to come from?

That and a lot more questions need to be answered before I would consider a deal like that.

OP
OP
trikeman72

trikeman72

Feb 12, 2013
Your money risk isn't just limited to the amount of the bond. They can raise the bond or fine you for not following the plan whenever they like. There is no limit to the amount of money you could be liable for. If your new "partner" doesn't carry through you would be sitting back in Ohio watching the fines and fees pour in with no way to stop it.

I would also question the amount of gold produced. How are you going to know how much was mined? Why would you think such a relatively small tailings pile would have that much free gold? (300 tons isn't much in the world of mining) Have you had the tailings assessed by a mining engineer? Heck just the idea that someone is proposing running 300 tons across a wave table for a few ounces? Where is the water going to come from?

That and a lot more questions need to be answered before I would consider a deal like that.

Yeah I read about the blm being able to raise and or lower bond depending on their whim basically if whatever is going on there they don't like or think current plan will fix.
I didn't assume any amounts in tailings. I know there has to be some but no idea how much or little. Initial sampling is to assay a few tons to see the worth and such. He said based on area would be around 1/t depending on quality of tailings.
A few oz? Well idk I would think if i get 30oz and he gets 270oz that would equal the oz per ton. That's a lot more than "a few" as long as the 1/ton is correct

Water Yeah after he told me to goto action mine and watch wave table video I said there isn't any water on site. He should know that givin he has other desert claims but ??
I don't know any of those questions that's why I made the post so I can have things to ask him and see what he says and post to see what everyone thinks ya know?

He did mention a lease You said that before too how's that work? Am I more protected ?
Bill

OP
OP
trikeman72

trikeman72

Feb 12, 2013
Also. I did manage to run about 1/4 a 5 gal bucket thru my rock crusher before the damn dust off it sucked j to the motor locking it up (another reason I left early 600$ for 30min)
And I have a bucket with a big ass Rick that has quartz in it I brought home to bust apart and crush.
But I haven't yet
I could get those assayed just to see. The crushed stuff was what I picked out of the side messing around. I wasn't in the vein I just wanted to see why they went around this big rock that stuck out by floor :) I'd like to crush the qtz one because there are a herd of those type all over aroun the one tailing pile.

One tailing pile is like a grey looking rock and lot smaller has rails in tunnel out to and on pile than the big chunky stuff at the other 2 entrances.
And a section where they put all the reddish or dark maroon looking rocks on the side of pile.
I also found a place where an entrance was started or was just checking around to see what's what maybe.
Anyhow I'm more worried as to why he didn't just offer to buy claim. And what all I should ask him etc

He hasn't spoke of any contract etc. I did tell him I wanted an itemized plan of operations as well as expenses planned that he pays and what I pay.
As well as something saying what I get from conc etc. would have to be. A legal contract of some kind I'm not just going to go off of emails and give him my claim location and say send me my cut screw that!

I want to try and be on claim while tailings are processed etc just depends on time out there I only have so much vaca time from work. So.....
Bill

OP
OP
trikeman72

trikeman72

Feb 12, 2013
Marda gold LLC
Salt lake city

That's the company I looked up and found the atourney and contacted bombs forwarded my info to the guy in Australia
And after a couple emails back n forth. Here I am :)

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ok so I wanna pick some brains here since I have no one around me to ask or get input from.

I was thinking of selling my claim but happened across a guy thru his lawyer of the LLC in the NV UT areas buying claims near mine that is willing to do a 60/40 to him split of all minerals gained by running the tailings. Also option to JV or lease for future stuff or get on with his larger operations (wants to use small vsntures to help fund his larger ) He provides basically everything. The wave plant, loader, fuel for loader and generators to run everything, 2 rvs, wages for another guy, pretty much everything.
All I have to do is cover the bond for blm to allow us plan. He says bond should be minimal if any because we aren't taking anything off claim. The 300ton maybe more of tailings will turn into about 350-400 oz of "super cons" (gold rich hopefully) that we will smelt to dore bars (whatever a dore is) And further refine if desired ourselves.
The remaining 300ton of big rock pile we turned into 299.9 tons of pulverized rocks will go back to their respective shaft entrances they came from. So no degridaton to land is present cept for a shorter tailing pile.
Guess I'm just worried about all the right forms to fill out an send to blm and what the figure is to calculate what I'm goin to have to get to send blm to approve my plan. Etc etc.
Thanks for input it is appreciated!
Bill

I'd steer clear of any company that won't put up a bond to mine. Reclamation costs money and if they are not willing to put up the bond, then I would SERIOUSLY question their intentions. This whole deal sounds like a rip and tear operation that will leave YOU to clean up the mess and that can get REAL EXPENSIVE, REAL QUICK as the BLM will contract it out.

OP
OP
trikeman72

trikeman72

Feb 12, 2013
I'd steer clear of any company that won't put up a bond to mine. Reclamation costs money and if they are not willing to put up the bond, then I would SERIOUSLY question their intentions. This whole deal sounds like a rip and tear operation that will leave YOU to clean up the mess and that can get REAL EXPENSIVE, REAL QUICK as the BLM will contract it out.

Yeah I read that they contract a 3rd party to reclaim. That's how they calcite the bond amt in the first place I guess.
I am still curious eh the dude don't just by my claim outright he has the delamar Arizona and Schwartz claims. Isn't like he is afraid to spend money. And I'm askin well under 10k for it anyhow ya. Know?
Thinking the lawyer told him 7mil and not 7k. That's only thing that makes sense.
I'm keeping notes on everyone's posts to include questions etc and concerns in my next email to him.
I'm tryin to research the LLC he's with to see what activities they r planning or have submitted plans to do etc. no luck yet.
Thanks for input
Bill

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If "the lawyer" is Brandon Baker it's his company. Not sure why a divorce and bankruptcy attorney is running a "mining company" ?? ??? I'd be wondering who he put me on the phone with? No history in the mining business and obviously no idea how mining leases work...

As I wrote before and MM has tried to convey too - Please be Careful. As in grab your wallet and run in the opposite direction kind of careful.

Just one man's opinion.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am still curious eh the dude don't just by my claim outright he has the delamar Arizona and Schwartz claims. Isn't like he is afraid to spend money. And I'm askin well under 10k for it anyhow ya. Know?
Thinking the lawyer told him 7mil and not 7k. That's only thing that makes sense.

I looked up the Schwartz claim Bill. It was located by the company in 2012. Cost him about $212. Hardly a high roller.

OP
OP
trikeman72

trikeman72

Feb 12, 2013
If "the lawyer" is Brandon Baker it's his company. Not sure why a divorce and bankruptcy attorney is running a "mining company" ?? ??? I'd be wondering who he put me on the phone with? No history in the mining business and obviously no idea how mining leases work...

As I wrote before and MM has tried to convey too - Please be Careful. As in grab your wallet and run in the opposite direction kind of careful.

Just one man's opinion.

Yeah that's the same person.
I was all gungho til it donned on me how much other companies get bonds for like millions. And how much he was talking about paying on his end of the cut. Then I was like why not pay 7k and own it. So I posted on here only place I know that ppl know about this stuff.

How does a lease work? Would I be protected more if I had a lease with him? From what u guys r sayin he would have to hold the bond so I don't get stuck payin forever. Don't do me any good to make the 30k to almost pay off my house for blm to take it right.
Bill

OP
OP
trikeman72

trikeman72

Feb 12, 2013
I looked up the Schwartz claim Bill. It was located by the company in 2012. Cost him about $212. Hardly a high roller.
212$ dang.

Well the guy lives in Australia and comes to states to mess with claims "all the time" figured he had money ya know? Heck it's like 2k for me to fly to Austrailia n back.
Maybe having a signed lease would e better ?
I deff don't want to hose myself. If I can't be garunteed protected I'm not doing it. Too much can go wrong and I holdin the bag seems like

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
To make it simple, a mining lease works kinda like a lease for an apartment, but a little different.

Under a mining lease, the claim still belongs to you and the people wanting the minerals agree to pay you a set amount to use your claim rights to either mine the minerals or set on them until the time is right. If the terms under the lease are not met, then they lose the rights and you would be free to either mine them yourself or lease to another person.

Other things can be in the lease, such as the percentage of profit that comes to you, renegotiation of the lease prior to full fledged mining, etc.

I'm a little rusty on the details as I haven't directly dealt with much of this for awhile. This is what I pay my attorney for.

And if this guy is saying they use a third party for reclamation and wants you to carry the bond, especially being out of country, I'd run like hell. That and the fact that he won't outright buy your claim for a measly $7K, I'd be running away so fast that there would be a trail of fire following me. A whole lot of things here don't add up and point to a rip and tear operation that will leave you holding the bag.

As you can see in my sig, I own my own company. I've paid a hell of a lot more than $7K for a claim around where I am at. In the grand scheme of things for a legit mining company, $7K doesn't even rate as pocket change.

Like I said, I'd be running away on this one.

OP
OP
trikeman72

trikeman72

Feb 12, 2013
To make it simple, a mining lease works kinda like a lease for an apartment, but a little different.

Under a mining lease, the claim still belongs to you and the people wanting the minerals agree to pay you a set amount to use your claim rights to either mine the minerals or set on them until the time is right. If the terms under the lease are not met, then they lose the rights and you would be free to either mine them yourself or lease to another person.

Other things can be in the lease, such as the percentage of profit that comes to you, renegotiation of the lease prior to full fledged mining, etc.

I'm a little rusty on the details as I haven't directly dealt with much of this for awhile. This is what I pay my attorney for.

And if this guy is saying they use a third party for reclamation and wants you to carry the bond, especially being out of country, I'd run like hell. That and the fact that he won't outright buy your claim for a measly $7K, I'd be running away so fast that there would be a trail of fire following me. A whole lot of things here don't add up and point to a rip and tear operation that will leave you holding the bag.

As you can see in my sig, I own my own company. I've paid a hell of a lot more than $7K for a claim around where I am at. In the grand scheme of things for a legit mining company, $7K doesn't even rate as pocket change.

Like I said, I'd be running away on this one.

The 3rd party thing is how BLM figures the bond amount. They say they have to hire 3rd party contractor to come in and fix whatever was messed up. Like they plan on u not doing what u say u will I guess.
See I was thinkn the same thing about the 7k. He's payin out an assload of money. Heck I'd be afraid to guess how much is in the semi/truck that's got 3 wave tables and gens and pulvarizer water tank and recovery system etc just for the plant it seems like over a cpl hundred k.
I asked him why no just by my claim and not have to share with me buthe hasn't said anything abou. It.

OP
OP
trikeman72

trikeman72

Feb 12, 2013

Don't suppose Ud want a claim in Nevada would you?? Then I wouldn't have to worry about anything. Maybe find something closer to Ohio.

Wish I could find a legit mining place that would process my tailings at least.
This guy just makes me leerie or something.
He's saying bond is nothing is evrything is done right. I'm like we'll no kidding. But if it isn't them I'm the one with my cheese out in the wind ya know?

Bill

jair

Sep 6, 2013
Las Vegas
Detector(s) used
Whites and cheep bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Don't suppose Ud want a claim in Nevada would you?? Then I wouldn't have to worry about anything. Maybe find something closer to Ohio. Wish I could find a legit mining place that would process my tailings at least. This guy just makes me leerie or something. He's saying bond is nothing is evrything is done right. I'm like we'll no kidding. But if it isn't them I'm the one with my cheese out in the wind ya know? Bill
out in the open , if I can do any thing for you out here let me know . Like I said I can do fire assays also. I'm in LasVegas . What city is closest to your claim?

Good guy was coming out a couple weeks a go to do some prospecting with us but got ill and wasn't able to make it .
Hope some time will be able to .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread