The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've looked and there are some, but nothing really tapping into the potential of what could be done. MD'ers are a small group in the large scheme of things, which is why, I think, a lot of good ideas don't come to fruition as there are a limited number of potential users to support whatever the product may be.

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
I got a wake-up call here. LOL. When I saw the title I thought I was going to see something about
felling trees and cutting them into logs. :laughing7: Boy! Was I wrong. :laughing9:

Anyway, lots of luck with what you are looking for.

Ray

OP
OP
g8r4evr

g8r4evr

Tenderfoot
Feb 3, 2011
Chesapeake, Va
For those of you that are interested. The app for IPAD called Numbers ($9.99), lets you build a database and then convert it into a basic form to input your find data. It will also allow you the ability to tally amounts for the year. This is the best that is available at this time. Also if you find that this is not what you are looking for, there are several FREE online form builders that work ok on the Iphone and Ipad. Just though I would put this out. If anybody decides to build on in Numbers, let me know and I can get you the link to the video that will walk you through building the DB and Form.

OP
OP
g8r4evr

g8r4evr

Tenderfoot
Feb 3, 2011
Chesapeake, Va
Ok, if there are any other HI-tech MD'ers out there wondering. Apple has introduced PDF Expert ($9.99), this will fill in made PDF forms (ie... Finders Logs). All you have to do is download the PDF creator from Adobe (free 30 day trial) and build to your specifications (the 30 days will give you the chance to edit to your liking). Once your are done, email it to your email account and open it in the PDF expert on the iPad. What you will have to do is save each individual log as a separate name and in flat version to keep from overwriting it. All in all it takes about an hour to create and test. I take my iPad everywhere it actually helps when your get finished with a hunt to be able to get your log as accurate to times, locations and finds as quickly as possible. NOTE: the only thing that has not been solved as of yet is, how to attach a photo to the form so that it can display any great finds that you have had. Though I am working on that right now and will post how to do it when I get it figured out.

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker 2 - My eyes
Ray S S said:
I got a wake-up call here. LOL. When I saw the title I thought I was going to see something about
felling trees and cutting them into logs. :laughing7: Boy! Was I wrong. :laughing9:

Anyway, lots of luck with what you are looking for.

Ray

That's exactly what I thought Ray.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread