logic test #1

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Here's the situation. You hit bottom,broke ,lost job, way behind on bills, ran out of employment compensation.
There are three jobs open for dish washers in large restaurants, a natural food restaurant, a seafood restaurant, and a Tex/Mex restaurant. they all pay the same. Which would you take? And why? I will through my opinion in later. Frank
I thought this up while washing my supper dish.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Easy as Sunday morning...

I'd be washing dishes at the natural food place.. No one in there right mind will eat there :laughing7:

Now if I were a waiter, you can bet your sweet bippy I'd be hauling slop at the Tex-Mex :thumbsup:

Plenty of people and decent tippers too :thumbsup:

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
definitely Tex/Mex. Hungry folks will eat anything but not everyone likes seafood and it spoils quickly. Same with natural foods. Natural means no preservatives and it will spoil quicker than the Tex/Mex. Tex/Mex has starches in the tortillas, protein in the meat/s and beans plus it includes a lot of cheeses, onions, lettuce etc. You can probably eat for free as an employee and, if you are really that bad off, you could sneak some home to the family. You also said "Large restaurants" so I figure they have automatic dishwashers; you just scrap the dishes into the trash or stash and geterdone. ;D

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
When I was thinking this up, I was thinking which was worst And since I was cleaning up the remains of a heavily cheese laden Tex/Mex dinner,I was just about scraping the cheese off the plate with a scrubber sponge, So Tex/Mex would be my last choice. Frank

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You also have to consider how long your job will last in a recession. Tex/Mex is usually pretty affordable. A seafood place is pretty high-end as is a "natural foods" restaurant. As things get worse, the yuppies will start giving up their luxury dinners and start eating more Mexican. :D Like I said, a big restaurant will have automatic dishwashers so you will have the same amount of scrapping whichever you choose. I'm thinking "hard times" and the advantages/disadvantages of each type as a workplace.

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I despise mexican food so I don't even want to scrape it off a plate.

for me seafood is yummy. I would pick that. anyone who eats seafood loves it and will clean their plate good. not much to scrape off :laughing9:

natural food restaurant. good chance my job won't last because good chance that restaurant will be closing.

I pick the 'red lobster' type restaurant for sure :)

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FarmerChick, Red Lobster is the Mc Donald's of seafood joints :tongue3:

They don't even serve lobster there.. Red Lobster has been known to recycle those lobster shells daily, and filling them with Monk fish.. :thumbsup:

Now there's a job I would never take.. Scrapping off the old used shells and filling them with Monk fish :laughing9:

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
You mean they took the barbed wire too?

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, it looks like he was a very new member too and didn't even get his feet wet :laughing9: What a shame, going through all motion of becoming a member just to get banned. :laughing7:

I vote banner :headbang:

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
When I am on the road and I see a Long John Silvers restaurant, that's where I eat, but there are none here in NE Maryland. I like the food in Red Lobster too, even though I know their kitchen is just filled with Microwaves. It seems that with age I enjoy the presentation and don't care about the manor of presentation, My daughter is in the restaurant business so I know about most of the chains. Frank

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should have asked which of these has the most toilet paper. :laughing9:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have a valid point there onfire :icon_scratch: HHmmm, this would surely be a toss up between Tex-Mex and that seafood joint. Bad seafood can swim through you pretty quickly..

Can't wait for the logic test #2.. Maybe that's the followup question :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread