Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lone Buffalo + what's it

I just realized tonight I never posted my finds from a hunt on Sun. :tongue3: Hunted an old farm yard that should have been riddled with relics and coins. :icon_scratch: Lone coin was an undated Buff nickel, one button, make-up containers, etc. The yard was hunted back in the 70's with an early detector, according to the owner. I can't believe not a single clad coin has been dropped since then. :dontknow: Anyhow, I will be back to re-grid more when time allows.

Mainly wanted to know if anyone knows what the round thing is with the little hook on it. I found one in this yard and the greener one I found in a field last spring. Any ideas?

HH,
Michiganne

Attachments

• P1220424comp.jpg
    P1220424comp.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 85
  • P1220427comp.jpg
    P1220427comp.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 98
  • P1220432comp.jpg
    P1220432comp.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 230
  • P1220435comp.jpg
    P1220435comp.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 235
  • P1220438comp.jpg
    P1220438comp.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 87

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice old finds and relics Anne, I know those buffalos sure give me a thrill when I dig one!
Those little round things sure look like the trigger pans on old leghold traps, small, like a size #0 for weasels or mushrats. Any markings?

OP
OP
Michiganne

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice old finds and relics Anne, I know those buffalos sure give me a thrill when I dig one!
Those little round things sure look like the trigger pans on old leghold traps, small, like a size #0 for weasels or mushrats. Any markings?

Hi D. Yeah, I was happy with the Buff as it's been a while since I dug one.

No markings on the round items at all, smooth on both sides. They remind me of a little flapper on a tea kettle spout but that is just a crazy guess. :icon_scratch:

HH

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score on the buffalo and KG cent Anne :thumbsup: Anne since you found that Prince Albert Tin I was hunting with my brother one day and dug one up but it's not in as good of shape as yours. I remember when I was a kid bottle hunting, my brother and I would find them all of the time ;D

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats on the buffy Anne....no clue on the odd relics, strange yard eh? somebody with the early detector must have combed it pretty good...good luck on your return, ground not frozen yet, hope we can all get out still this year!....HH

OP
OP
Michiganne

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score on the buffalo and KG cent Anne :thumbsup: Anne since you found that Prince Albert Tin I was hunting with my brother one day and dug one up but it's not in as good of shape as yours. I remember when I was a kid bottle hunting, my brother and I would find them all of the time ;D

Giant- I've found a few of the Prince Alberts and this is my best yet. I'd like to try and open it because it is full of something (probabaly dirt) but know I'll end up wrecking it. :tongue3:

The King George cent was just for scale and not dug. My son actually found it in his register till at the hardware store and traded it out. He's found an IHP before too....I'm glad he's paying attention. :icon_thumright:

HH

mjc_lakedweller

Nov 14, 2011
Kzoo County, MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro,
Garrett ACE350,
Fisher CZ-20,
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The flapper thingys remind me of the top of exhaust pipe on a tractor but are too small for that. You might be on the right track with the teapot though. Very cool relics, I like diggin' them as much as old coins

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG Annie. Pretty sure those are not pans for traps as I own and have set many of them. What you have is brass or copper and trap pans are made of steel like the traps. I can see where one might think that at first glance.

muleskinner

Aug 8, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
minelab, tesoro
Those are some great relics. You have a cool coin there too. What ever your unidentified things are, looks like they were a flapper type valve of some sort.
Hit the antique shows and you just might see one. I did that, and found out that a couple 'thingys" I found were valve stem covers to model "T"s. I cleaned one up and it turned out to be nickel plated, and in good shape too.
It's kinda fun playing history detective.
Keep diggin sister
Muleskinner

mjc_lakedweller

Nov 14, 2011
Kzoo County, MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro,
Garrett ACE350,
Fisher CZ-20,
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good advice Muleskinner. Fun to go to those events. Seems like I usually say "hey, I found somethin' like that before"

OP
OP
Michiganne

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good advice Muleskinner. Fun to go to those events. Seems like I usually say "hey, I found somethin' like that before"

Yeah, visited the Van Andel Museum in Grand Rapids a few years ago and I couldn't believe how many relics I recognized, either having dug them myself or having seen them on the forum. I've learned tons of history from this hobby for sure. :thumbsup:

HH

OP
OP
Michiganne

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• P1210663comp.jpg
    P1210663comp.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 85
  • P1210664comp.jpg
    P1210664comp.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 83
  • P1220166comp.jpg
    P1220166comp.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 85

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everyone knows that that hung in the Bat cave and was used to hold the keys to the Bat Mobile! :laughing7:

OP
OP
Michiganne

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everyone knows that that hung in the Bat cave and was used to hold the keys to the Bat Mobile! :laughing7:

I see! :icon_cyclops_ani:

New Picture.jpg

Unfortunately it was determined that a key holder is not a likely possibility due to the double sided image and the hooks being too small. :merror:

HH

Brentallica

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds Anne! Love the Buff and relics - gotta be more there! WTG :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions