Long Beach Expo

whiteslate

Aug 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, my first coin show was amazing, never have i seen such amazing things, looked at 9 1856 FE cents, the possibly unique 1974-D aluminum, and countless other amazing coins, and a 100 ounce gold bar... Picked up a 1914-D and 1909-S for my Lincoln cent album, and a MS 64 1884-O Morgan for my type set... all in all it was a good day, and a great learning experience, oh and I sold my Lunar tigers for a 10% return in only two months. Great time, for anyone else there today or tmr have fun :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1856 Flying Eagle Cents I think he meant...I just spent 10 minutes trying to find out what a 1956 FE cents was!

coinsareawesome

Bronze Member
Apr 6, 2013
Mid-Atlantic Region
Detector(s) used
Ace-250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's awesome. I'm hopefully going to a coin show this weekend. I have been going to the same one for a while now.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, my first coin show was amazing, never have i seen such amazing things, looked at 9 1856 FE cents, the possibly unique 1974-D aluminum, and countless other amazing coins, and a 100 ounce gold bar... Picked up a 1914-D and 1909-S for my Lincoln cent album, and a MS 64 1884-O Morgan for my type set... all in all it was a good day, and a great learning experience, oh and I sold my Lunar tigers for a 10% return in only two months. Great time, for anyone else there today or tmr have fun :thumbsup:

So did you actually see the 74 aluminum cent? I read a link about it and it looked beautiful- wouldve been cool had they done that for a while

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

OP
OP
W

whiteslate

Aug 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes it was there, right at the Heritage booth, I actually got to hold it in the PCGS holder because they were taking it out to take pictures for the news, and I was right there, really cool coin, its like grey blue, with great luster and same size as modern cents. I think it is MS-64, but honestly it looks gem to me... ya they also had a huge collection of early dollars on display, forget the name, but it was prob 30 or more, all pre 1820 in au or better, mind blowing stuff.

OP
OP
W

whiteslate

Aug 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
by name i mean who put the collection together, I don't think it was for sale though, just display, the cent of course is going to cell in Chicago.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you did all that with your $100 budget, you did great! :notworthy:

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes it was there, right at the Heritage booth, I actually got to hold it in the PCGS holder because they were taking it out to take pictures for the news, and I was right there, really cool coin, its like grey blue, with great luster and same size as modern cents. I think it is MS-64, but honestly it looks gem to me...

Ya ive seen the pics circulating around the web of it in its case and yes it looks absolutely beautiful-

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread