Long Hard Weeks Worth.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Folks. Been hunting pretty much every day and got a few patent dated items and a bunch of other old stuff. I was skunked on coins until today. I headed for the woods and an old dump sight heavily littered with iron, beer cans, and various other metal trash. I knew it was an old dump and hoped for a few coins. I got the 1900 Indian just beneath the surface and the 1910 Wheatie was flush on the surface. Made my day as I have logged lots of hours searching for another old coin this week. I found the broken bottle tops in the trash and they look pretty old. Hopefully I can squeak out a few more keeper coins from this trash nightmare in the scrub brush.

Hope ya'll had a good week. May your weekend be even better! Kurios1

Friday 20 & 27 Indians in October 2017 001.JPG Friday 20 & 27 Indians in October 2017 003.JPG Friday 20 & 27 Indians in October 2017 005.JPG Friday 20 & 27 Indians in October 2017 007.JPG Friday 20 & 27 Indians in October 2017 008.JPG Friday 20 & 27 Indians in October 2017 010.JPG Friday 20 & 27 Indians in October 2017 012.JPG Friday 20 & 27 Indians in October 2017 013.JPG Friday 20 & 27 Indians in October 2017 014.JPG Friday 20 & 27 Indians in October 2017 016.JPG

Upvote 22
OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kurios,
Awesome hunt! Awesome photos!
Thanks RG. I worked my butt off in the clover field and got skunked. I decided today I'd get off into the scrub brush dump sight where probably no one else has ever swung a metal detector. It's a trash nightmare but, probably holds some very nice old coins if I can just sneak them out from the iron with my Nel Snake coil. Did you catch the "camouflaged" couple trying to hide from me?:love3:

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That a boy, nice IH and wheatie, congratulations it was a successful hunt!

This was a culmination of a whole week of hunts so not that impressive I reckon. I did manage to get a pair of nice coins today and some cool old relics throughout the week. Thanks for the support mate!:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love the green Indian!

I love ALL my Indians. My favorite US coin design. Illinois soil tends to be very good to our coppers. Indians can be just flat out gorgeous with deep jade green patina some times. Love them pretty ones more than lots of my silver coins.:icon_thumright:

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks RG. I worked my butt off in the clover field and got skunked. I decided today I'd get off into the scrub brush dump sight where probably no one else has ever swung a metal detector. It's a trash nightmare but, probably holds some very nice old coins if I can just sneak them out from the iron with my Nel Snake coil. Did you catch the "camouflaged" couple trying to hide from me?:love3:
Yes I did! Very cool. Way to go the extra step to get some awesome targets.
Wish I was there!
RG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds,, glad you got a few nice pennies.
The marble has a cool color to it.

Ha ha! I love my marble finds. I found this marble at work during my break just off the asphalt in some gravel. My work place is surrounded by old history and is a good place to hunt except for the folks that mow it shred all the aluminum cans into the dirt.:BangHead:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice catch on the IH Penny, really liking the patina on the copper. You really worked for the coins these past few hunts, a little silver is due soon.
The iron piece looks it might be from a treadle sewing belt wheel.

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice catch on the IH Penny, really liking the patina on the copper. You really worked for the coins these past few hunts, a little silver is due soon.
The iron piece looks it might be from a treadle sewing belt wheel.

Good morning mate. I am liking the two old iron pieces. I was curious what the large one might be? There has to be some old silver coins lurking about but, the trash and scrub brush makes for some difficult searching. It does provide a nice wind break from the chilly weather coming our way.:hello:

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like quite a variety Kurios. I like those coins, and the marble.

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds, nice pics!!!

-- Jeff --

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats on the finds!

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
First congrats on IHC and wheat! That big round relic in your 5th pic. is killer! That's a great wall hanger right there. :occasion14:

islamoradamark

Silver Member
Aug 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the old bottle necks the can lead to some treasure you know you got to drink before digging that hole to put the loot in

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the IHC....extra fine!! Well played on the old trashy area...well worth your effort..:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread