long stemmed

outlawatheart

Jan 19, 2011
Hamilton County IL.
Detector(s) used
White's DFX Spectrum
DSC09853.JPGlongest stem I have ever seen on such a little point. It came from my shelter site. It seems well made and doesn't look like it has been reworked.

Upvote 0
That is an incredible piece!!! I gotta think it was much longer at one time though.

I will call that a hung well point lol nice find !!!

Oh wow....I've never seen one like that before, really nice outlaw....and I'm really liking your new pic of Flint as well! :)

nice one outlaw,would really like to know why it was made like that.

...Crispy..lol...cute....looks like he's smoke'n...:) Hey, I want to know why the arrowhead was made like that also....like Jamey said....??

I've got one just like that. I always figured it was much longer at one time and was just resharpened to this stage.

Attachments

• New Trays (8).jpg
    New Trays (8).jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 74
...so guess it's made with a longer stem so that it's more secure? Or...maybe "all" arrowheads started out that way...then as they broke, were reworked?.....kidding on that last part :)

...so guess it's made with a longer stem so that it's more secure? Or...maybe "all" arrowheads started out that way...then as they broke, were reworked?.....kidding on that last part :)

Most of the points that you will find in a field have been resharpened numerous times.

Adena-Narrow Stem?

That's cool, is that an Adena-Narrow stem? It looks like the ones in the new "13th edition Overstreet ID & Price Guide" under EC (Eastern Central) page 402 or a BIG OR... a Waubesa on page 666 (JMO).

Last edited:
That's cool, is that an Adena-Narrow stem? It looks like the ones in the new "13th edition Overstreet ID & Price Guide" under EC (Eastern Central) page 402 or a BIG OR... a Waubesa on page 666 (JMO).

I been spending the evening in my new 13th ed....... Looks good so far. I saw the narrow stem points in there also, and thought of this thread.

So pretty....guess we don't have any like that here, haven't seen one yet :( Wonder if they made any obsidian arrowheads with long stems? Thanks for sharing them outlaw!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back