Long time no post: My Best Dime Box this Year

Bank Runner

Jan 10, 2009
I have really slowed down my CRHing due to the Spring Honey Do List, and the end of the school year. I can't wait for summer, 2 months of CRHing with few limits placed on me. I have managed to do 2 dime boxes and 2 nickel boxes every week. I recently ordered my first halves in a long while with some decent results. That will follow in a separate post. Dimes have not been very good of late. At one point I was skunked 7 boxes in a row. I definitely don't get the consistency that some of you get in your areas. I continue to search them because they are easy (for me to search and for my wife to dump due to their weight).

This box of dimes started out very well. I found one silver Rosie in the first three rolls. I honestly would have been happy with that. I then noticed a silver Rosie reverse on the end of a roll. I sat that roll to the side so that I could open it last, and finish the box "happy" no matter what the rest of the box produced. I was elated as the box continued to produce blowing my record 4 silver out of the water. Going into the last roll I had nine silver Rosies staring up at me, and knew I would end up with a minimum of ten. One roll had produced two silver so I had my hopes up. I cracked open the last roll and there were 5 silver edges. I honesly couldn't believe it. Five silver Rosies in one machine roll. What are the odds of that? That one roll beat my previous box record. Here are the pictures. These finished my first roll of solid silver Rosies for the year and put nine into roll number two. My goal this year was two silver dime rolls. With some luck I may just make it.

Attachments

• New Camera 064.jpg
    New Camera 064.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 264
Upvote 0

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
super sweet dime box

Scalper

Bronze Member
Jul 18, 2006
Curitiba, Brazil
Lmao Karl, at this Spring Honey Do List now that is funny , I can relate to that I dont look anything like Bob Villla either but boy those list can get long ... So I have Honey do this list all year long ;D ha ...

Awesome box of FDRS and a super roll of 5 ....nice for your record breaking numbers :icon_pirat:

Another box or 2 of them would really help out anyways hope u get some time this summer to crh and have some fun , glad to hear from you again I always enjoyed reading your posts ,Ed

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread