Long time no see

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's been a while since I was here and hope everyone is doing well. It's been hard to find artifacts since the bridge washed out last year and put a layer of gravel and other stuff on top of my hunting spots but we've had a few washing rains and I decided it was time to go look. Yesterday I found a point but I need help identifying the type since I'm more a pottery person and don't really know point types. I've posted insitu, wet after found and dry pics, can someone tell me what type they think it is. For those who don't know me I found it in a creek in western NC south mountains. Thanks for looking, appreciate any info given!

Attachments

• Insitu 2.jpg
    Insitu 2.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 44
  • Pic 1.jpg
    Pic 1.jpg
    397.7 KB · Views: 44
  • Pic 2.jpg
    Pic 2.jpg
    393.3 KB · Views: 41
  • Point dry side 1.jpg
    Point dry side 1.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 38
  • Point dry side 2.jpg
    Point dry side 2.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 39
  • Side.jpg
    Side.jpg
    712.4 KB · Views: 47
Upvote 20

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's been a while since I was here and hope everyone is doing well. It's been hard to find artifacts since the bridge washed out last year and put a layer of gravel and other stuff on top of my hunting spots but we've had a few washing rains and I decided it was time to go look. Yesterday I found a point but I need help identifying the type since I'm more a pottery person and don't really know point types. I've posted insitu, wet after found and dry pics, can someone tell me what type they think it is. For those who don't know me I found it in a creek in western NC south mountains. Thanks for looking, appreciate any info given!
Great to see you back, it's been awhile for sure. Hope all is well with you and your family.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great to see you! I'm just barely back myself! I've resorted to 'mudlarking' since I can't seem to get a grip on Maine N.A. artifacts (LOL).
NICE little point! -- and glad you're getting out again on the hunt!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread