Longines "Seafarer" and a kicker on the band, I think

CladSpends2

Jan 11, 2010
Wilton, Maine
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Hello all. I enjoy seeing all your finds and don't usually post my own meager buys, but I am posting this one since it was only $1 plus 5 cents state tax. I don't 20190516_183716.jpg usually bother with quartz watches myself, but this was a Longines, had a beautiful dial and what I believe is a 10k gold company "pin" on the band. It passed my acid test, but I know my acid is old, so I am unsure, but would really like help on identifying the golf course or company logo this is. I am wondering if it isn't worth more than just melt. I have done some Googling, but come up empty. Any help would be much appreciated. Oh, and if you look on eBay, this model watch sells for $165-$195. Even if I am wrong on the logo being gold, I will be able to post this soon in Diggum's $1 thread......that's if I don't keep it, it's growing on me. Thanks for any help.

T.

20190519_180449.jpg

Last edited:

Vhoov

May 9, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro, Pro pointer AT,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No idea but great snag!

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Highly probable it is 10kt Gold. I would pry it off to see the back and put on a leather strap to sell but that is me.

OP
OP
CladSpends2

CladSpends2

Jan 11, 2010
Wilton, Maine
Detector(s) used
White's M6
That is exactly what will most likely happen. Good to know I am not alone in this world. LOL

T.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd of gave $15. for that watch, as I'm pretty sure that emblem is a gram of 10k gold and then I'd take one of the nice leather straps I have off the quartz watches I bought cheap, only for the strap and put it on that Longines and maybe get $100+ out of it and stash or sell the gold. I'll buy any quartz watch with the right name and features, if I believe I can turn it around for more.

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can’t go wrong for a dollar. Good eye. Great buy.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow!

Does it run? If not, maybe to watch shop for repairs? I'd think that if that beauty runs, there'd be a little extra bonus there.

OP
OP
CladSpends2

CladSpends2

Jan 11, 2010
Wilton, Maine
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Wow!

Does it run? If not, maybe to watch shop for repairs? I'd think that if that beauty runs, there'd be a little extra bonus there.

I have the correct battery being shipped from an eBay seller. Less than half the price of batteries at Walmart. I will try and post a reply when I know.

OP
OP
CladSpends2

CladSpends2

Jan 11, 2010
Wilton, Maine
Detector(s) used
White's M6
UPDATE: The watch does run when I put in the new battery. And I received my fresh acid in the mail today and the pin is 14K gold, and not just the little bit with the Footjoy emblem on it, but the pedestal below as well. I have not pried it off the band to weigh it yet, but I believe it will be well over one gram for all that. This is one time I think I gold 50 times my initial investment!

T.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some time ago I posted a belt buckle that had a gold emblem just about like that one. It was glued on with some pretty tough adhesive glue. I think I used a thin wood chisel the knock it off. On the back it was stamped 14k and had some makers initials. I'm sure the one you have is at least a gram or more. I sold the one I had for scrap.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread